MWH Constructors is currently looking for an experienced Superintendent to support watewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client in Hillsboro, OR.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure. MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
Safety is a top priority at MWH Constructors and is evidenced by the numerous awards our projects have received for outstanding safety performance and project excellence.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Provide direction to MWHC craft labor and subcontractors to ensure construction work is performed efficiently, on schedule and in accordance with company policy and engineering standards.
- Responsible for the safe conduct of MWHC personnel and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
- Represent MWHC on-site for meetings and discussions with clients, local agencies and subcontractors.
- Plan and supervise MWHC crews and subcontractors’ activities. Includes reviewing method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- Coordinate assigned work with all other trades and contractors.
- Champion Quality Assurance program to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, submittals and schedule.
- Actively resolve construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Monitor subcontractor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, subcontractors are schedule and work is executed in conformance with the project schedule.
- Review daily/weekly activity plans to ensure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place so that the following day’s work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of all site workers by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Inspect work to ensure quality and project specifications are met.
- Perform additional assignments per project manager’s direction.
- 10+ years of construction experience leading multiple crews and subcontractors simultaneously under critical deadlines
- Proven experience building industrial, process, pump stations and/or municipal water/wastewater treatment plant projects
- Experience building reinforced concrete structures, site-work and yard-piping required
- Knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
- Cost control, manpower planning, equipment forecasting and scheduling knowledge
- Knowledge of computer systems and programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working understanding of CPM scheduling techniques including a working knowledge of Primavera (P6) Scheduling Software A+
- Ability to develop and maintain outstanding relations with Owner and subcontractors
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top