Financial Management Consulting Analyst
Hawksley Consulting, a new wholly-owned subsidiary of MWH Global, now a part of Stantec, is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Analyst, located in St. Augustine, FL..
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of management consulting to assess and recommend solutions to complex business, strategic, and operational issues for our clients. In addition, the successful candidate will interact with our clients to identify and analyze issues impacting their organizations, propose business requirements and functional change to enable high performance, apply technology and/or resources to solve problems and improve business performance, and provide innovative solutions to realize greater performance, reliability, efficiency, and operational speed within the business support and financial functions of our clients.
- Support project tasks with a focus on rigorous problem solving, quality delivery, client satisfaction and relationship management, individual and team learning, and growth.
- Serve as a supporting member of delivery teams reporting to the client/project Engagement Manager to perform tasks such as run a module of a client engagement, facilitate workshops, or develop quantitative models to support client business challenges.
- Support and cooperate as needed with business development staff in responding to client requests, RFQs, and RFPs, and identifying and prioritizing new leads within existing clients, especially for the sale of consulting-intensive projects
- Meet performance goals and objectives as assigned, such as client-specific achievements, delivery milestones, billable time, training activities, and business advancement
- Successful delivery record on client projects with above-average client satisfaction from internal and external stakeholders
- Degree in business, engineering or related fields are required with a suitable GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- 0-2 years total post-undergraduate working experience in management consulting and business management preferred.
- Strong management (end to end) structured analysis, process design and problem skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of the global industrial energy/water market space, its change drivers and its potential to affect clients’ bottom lines and competitive advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Power Point and Excel required including familiarity with quantitative modeling and analysis. Proficiency with Visio, Adobe and other business systems preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Is capable of efficiently working independently as well as with a geographically-dispersed team
- Possess trustworthiness and integrity beyond any doubt
- Commands written and oral communication with key audiences
- Is willing to travel as needed
- Intellectual curiosity: Top performers are driven to ask ‘why’ things work or don’t work currently and ‘how’ we might address this—even if, or especially if, this thinking falls outside of conventional wisdom. We are looking to assist an industry that is in serious financial distress, by most any metric. To do this, we need bold thinkers willing to challenge assumptions and develop new solutions.
- Structured and analytical problem solvers: (though this is almost cliché and everyone asks for this) Top performers are structured in their problem solving and understand (or are capable of quickly learning) how different factors, variables, and policies result in corresponding financial impacts. They understand how to make appropriate simplifying assumptions and how to model complex systems accurately.
- Sincere desire to improve our environment and society: Top performers seem to have a really innate drive, beyond personal gain, for ensuring society maintains infrastructure and environmental sustainability—and they realize that providing rigorous and unbiased financial advisory is a critical step in ensuring true sustainability. Top performers draw on this deeper motivation, as it takes time and effort to drive change with our clients.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top