Slayden Constructors Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Field Engineer to support our self-performing teams on water/wastewater infrastructure projects in the Pacific Northwest region.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Support Slayden/MWH safety program and maintain safe working environment on the project
- Provide layout and QA/QC support of assigned crews & subcontractors
- Provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
- Prepare layout documentation including lift, excavation and pipeline drawings
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
- Maintain project as-built drawings.
- Maintain SWPPP and related documents.
- Actively participate in scheduling and planning activities.
- May provide technical support and direction of project material control functions.
- Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction. Qualifications • 4-year Construction Management or Engineering Degree, or related experience, i.e. 4 years of relevant field engineering experience
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline
- Relevant onsite layout experience
- Ability to assume responsibility, and interfaces and communicates effectively with others Preferred Specifications • Onsite experience with a self-performing general contractor
- Experience with water/wastewater projects
- Ability to train others on proper layout techniques Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10888BR City Stayton State/Province Oregon Country United States Operations Constructors District 5
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top