MWH, now part of Stantec, is seeking an Environmental Engineer to support our ongoing project in Walnut Creek, CA.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Prepare and coordinate production of assigned sections of various deliverables such as work plans, site investigations reports, remedial investigation, feasibility studies, closure reports, site drawings, and specifications.
- Conduct field investigations and related activities involving site inspections, environmental monitoring, and data collection (soil, groundwater, and soil gas sampling).
- Support design and implementation of remedial actions for large complex contaminated soil and groundwater including: technology screening; pilot testing; field demonstrations; and startup, troubleshooting, and operation and maintenance activities for remediation systems. Lead small to moderate scale efforts for similar activities. Lead and provide guidance to entry level and junior engineers.
- Work under the direct supervision of senior engineers, geologists, and project managers to coordinate and manage medium scale tasks, review task progress versus project schedules, prepare cost estimates, and develop work and change orders.
- Develop construction plans, specifications and estimate of probable costs.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related degree
- Minimum of 0-2 years of civil or environmental engineering or remedial design experience.
- Experience in remedial action design and remedial technology.
- Experience in determining specifications for equipment and conveyance piping.
- A valid US driver’s license is required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and physical is required.
- 5 years of civil or environmental engineering or remedial design experience preferred.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top