Stantec's Phoenix, AZ office is Seeking a full-time Electrical Engineer to join our Water Group. The individual in this position will be exposed to a wide variety of water, wastewater and building type projects. The individual will assist or lead the engineering effort depending on the project complexity and the individual’s experience. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with good communication skills and have the ability to work on a team with others to accomplish our client's goals.
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world’s top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water’s potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, engineers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we’re helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water’s vast potential.
- The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing construction drawings for power distribution, grounding, lighting, motor control and process control systems.
- Preparing construction specifications
- Preparing construction cost estimates
- Preparing load, short circuit and voltage drop calculations
- Preparing lighting photo metrics
- Preparing engineering reports
- Providing construction support services
- Preparing letter proposals that define scope and fee for small to medium size projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school is required
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Arizona is required
- 8-20 years of electrical power distribution system design experience required
- Experience with preparing motor control schematics is required
- Experience with preparing piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) for water and wastewater facilities is required
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code (NEC) and power engineering concepts for plants, buildings and/or facilities is required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills is required
- High level of initiative required
- Ability to multi-task required
- Strong working knowledge of Autodesk’s AutoCad 2014 desired
- Strong working knowledge of SKM Power Tools or ETAP desired
Stantec offers an excellent benefits and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, wellness program, paid vacation and holidays, stock purchase plan, commuter flex-pass, and pre-tax health plans.
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Back to top