Director of IP and Risk Management - Innovyze
Innovyze is a leading global provider of wet infrastructure modeling and simulation software and professional solutions designed to meet the technological needs of utilities, government industries, and engineering organizations worldwide. We provide engineering software solutions along with implementation solutions, using said software, around the globe.
The Intellectual Property – Contracts Manager of Risk and Special Projects will serve as a critical member of the management team, leading the design, effectiveness, management and monitoring of intellectual property risk in the operation. Significant focus will be on the monitoring of services and vendor relations in new focus areas for the business.
The Manager of Risk and Special Projects will perform all or some of the following job description:
- Assess various operational IP/technology risks and implement action plans, policy and procedural changes for risk avoidance and mitigation.
- Conduct in-depth risk assessments, including identifying and documenting controls, creating detailed process flows, identifying potential gaps and/or inconsistencies and making sound recommendations for improvement and/or mitigation
- Work closely with Legal department in finalizing software licensing agreements, annual maintenance agreements, business partner and channel partner agreements, and other related legal-related documents
- Ensure that Operations associates are trained/ knowledgeable about information technology controls
- Review third party vendors and services contracts to ensure appropriate controls are in place and functioning effectively
- Track action steps and ensure that findings are remediated appropriately and in a timely manner
- Conduct readiness reviews over large information technology development projects ensuing appropriate systems development lifecycle methodologies are being applied and followed.
- Participates in the development of proposals and contracts by working directly with clients, business developers and delivery teams to ensure documents meet the client’s need
- This position requires significant travel and will be located in our office in Broomfield, CO Qualifications • BA/BS, preferably in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Technology, or related field of study required
- A JD in Law
- 5-10 years of experience in legal, information technology risk management, audit and/or compliance, with significant experience in information technology controls review;
- Demonstrated, real world technical abilities in multiple areas (e.g., technology, business systems, consulting, etc.)
- Significant knowledge of information technology processes and controls and an understanding of risk and quality control and assurance functions
- Significant analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills enabling candidate to prepare and present recommendations to senior management
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently to work under pressure to meet tight time commitments
- Basic computer literacy to work on word processing, spreadsheet, process flow and presentation applications
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with product development and sales personnel to successfully execute appropriate controls and monitoring
- Ability to influence team leaders in the effective review and management of controls to mitigate risk
- LI-LC1 Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 9862BR City Broomfield State/Province Colorado Country United States Operations Innovyze
Back to top