Design Manager (AZ)
MWH Constructors is currently seeking a Design Manager to support wastewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client located in Chandler, AZ.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
MWH Constructors, the construction arm of MWH, performs all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects.
As a Design Manager, you will be:
- Responsible for managing the project & program engineering tasks and resources.
- Responsible for managing technical resources in order to provide sound and competent assessment of design activities and provide input for technical alternatives, engineering designs, bid evaluations, quality assurance, commissioning, cost estimates and preparation of technical scope of service and specifications.
- Able to lead large, complex teams through challenging project assignments.
- Able to support project management activities.
- Responsible for facilitating Engineering Team Meetings for the engineering staff on the project.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day work of the engineering staff on the project.
- Participating in other project and program meetings, as-required.
- Accountable to the Program Manager. Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related field.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 12 years of experience with design of wastewater infrastructure or design and construction of water treatment systems.
- Experience in management of design project managers and oversight of design consultants.
- Demonstrate ability to provide technical direction; manage projects of varying complexity and plan and manage resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and negotiating skills.
- Well-developed problem resolution, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and planning skills.
- Familiar with engineering design and analysis software.
- Continuing professional development in one or more of the specialty areas will be an asset.
- Proven track record of effective management of design consultants. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11095BR City Chandler State/Province Arizona Country United States Operations Constructors District 4
Back to top