MWH Constructors provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Operate crane under general supervision.
- Manipulate or depress crane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instruction.
- Repair crane as needed.
- Inspect crane for safely issues on a daily basis.
- Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
- Complete job tickets, service quality summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
- Lift, position and place machinery, equipment or other large objects at construction sites and industrial facilities
- Drive trucks to worksites and unload trucks.
- Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
- Bolt boom sections together to extent or modify boom for pile driving or high lifting
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Operate crane according to signals from helper. Start and stop crane engine
- Follow directions carefully.
- 1-3 years’ experience in operating large cranes of 250 tons (4000w) Friction and Hydraulic.
- NCCCO Certification required.
- Qualified Signal Person Level 1
- Qualified Rigging Level 1 training is required under 1926 Sub part CC
- Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, load charts, and procedure manuals.
- Working knowledge of equipment capabilities and limitations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Documentation must be provided at time of application.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to understand technical instructions.
- Knowledge of load-bearing capabilities of all equipment.
- Good understanding of fluid mechanics and all of the components involved in these processes.
- If requested, the applicant shall furnish a written statement from a medical doctor that he/she has had a physical examination in connection with the application, and is physically fit to perform the work.
- Required to communicate information, ideas, directions with the capability to perform the task or project discussed.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and with utmost regard for safety.
- Understanding of ANSI B 30.5, OSHA, federal, state and local requirements; (e.g. crane set up, securing the load, controlling the load and hand signals, etc.)
- Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top