Construction Manager (AZ)
MWH Constructors is accepting applications for a seasoned Construction Manager to support wastewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client in Chandler, AZ.
The Construction Manager will oversee constructability reviews, develop work packages, interface with trades, and supervise construction. The ideal candidate will be a wastewater CM who has experience leading craft labor and subcontractors. This position will report to the Project Manager.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
- Support day-to-day construction management efforts to ensure the project(s) are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Support interaction with client, oversight representatives, regulatory agencies, etc., for project execution.
- Provide oversight and direction to activities associated with construction management, contract administration, contract planning/execution, Contractor’s scheduling review and analysis, change order management, and Quality Assurance oversight with Field Inspection functions as required.
- Create, monitor, and refine construction schedules particularly as they pertain to concrete and mechanical self-performed work.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or support activities of all company and consultant personnel on assigned project(s).
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to properly. Interpret policies as required.
- Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the MWHC Management Administration Plan prior to initiating any fieldwork.
- Follow Company Safety Program. Assure that fellow employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction. Qualifications • 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of construction, design, finance and management experience/knowledge required on water and wastewater plants.
- Experience in pushing labor as superintendent.
- Excellent communication skills with multiple Owner points of contact.
- LI-JC1 Preferred Specifications • 20 years of experience as construction manager in at-risk contracting.
- Experience with the cost estimating of treatment plants and heavy civil projects preferred.
- Experience in pushing union labor preferred.
- Experience in pushing labor as foreman preferred.
- Experience with collaborative integrated project delivery (design-build) preferred. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11615BR City Chandler State/Province Arizona Country United States Operations Constructors District 4
Back to top