MWH Constructors is currently advertising for a seasonal Summer 2017 intern to support project work in the Denver, CO metro area.
MWH Constructors, the construction arm of MWH Global, performs all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects.
Description: Under close supervision, the Construction Intern will work in a support role related to core functions of the construction project. This is an excellent opportunity to get hands-on construction experience in the water/wastewater infrastructure industry.
1. Assist Field Engineers with project controls, change orders, RFI’s, and other construction administration duties.
2. Assist in generation of various reports, and with document control.
3. Perform simple calculations.
4. Provide technical support for construction effort.
5. Contact vendors for information.
6. Comply with company policies and procedures.
7. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies. Qualifications • Must be currently enrolled and have completed at least two years of undergraduate courses in engineering, project management, or construction management.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills using advanced features of standard office software (MS Word, Excel, PP, and Access).
- Interpersonal skills necessary for working in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and follow priorities.
- Self-starter with the desire to learn advanced scheduling, risk management, and project controls skills.
- Coursework in Construction Management required.
New college graduates are not eligible for internships at MWH; however, MWH hires recent graduates in an associate capacity. New graduates are encouraged to review and apply for associate roles of interest at www.mwhglobal.com. Preferred Specifications Previous co-op or Intern experience in Construction a plus. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11701BR City Denver State/Province Colorado Country United States Operations Constructors District 3
Back to top