Construction Estimator - Commercial Tenant Improvement
MWH Constructors is currently seeking an experienced Construction Estimator to support commercial tenant construction improvements for a high profile client. We have an immediate opening for our Hillsboro, OR project office.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
MWH Constructors is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
- Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
- Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
- General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
This estimating position will have responsibility to support commercial and industrial building design, construction and maintenance projects in the U.S. The employee will be responsible for leading the Estimating effort utilizing hard bid, design build, and CMAR delivery methods for commercial and municipal/industrial facilities. Responsibilities include reviewing and understanding RFP documents, preparing quantity surveys (take off) of various features of the work, approving labor units and unit pricing from historical data and national publications, developing general conditions estimates.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Review proposal specifications, drawing, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provide or supervise comprehensive quantity take-off estimates in a manner and level of detail consistent with the project goals.
- Coordinate provision of technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to backup estimate figures.
- Investigate and incorporate project constraints into cost analysis.
- Perform a detailed review of all documentation to develop accurate cost estimates that fully incorporate and communicate client’s project goals.
- Review of subcontractor and vendor quotations and scope of work.
- Prepare detailed scope of work for all commercial trades.
- Actively research, solicit, and develop sources/vendors for compiling and maintaining accuracy of cost information.
- Assist the contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
- Track awarded contracts as required, including estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring materials, etc.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontractors, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures.
- Work closely with MWHC Safety and Procurement departments to ensure proper resources included in estimates. Also work closely with MWH Engineering staff to collect applicable cost information.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees but following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Be involved in project planning sessions and team meeting to provide estimating input.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field of study (Equivalent combination of experience, skills, and training may be substituted).
- Minimum of 5 years of related commercial construction estimating experience.
- Estimating experience should include all CSI trade divisions1 through 33.
- Ability to prepare complex proposals with minimum supervision.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively through clear and concise means (verbal, written and graphics).
- 7+ years of prior estimating experience with commercial and industrial building projects.
- Experience with Timberline Estimating Software.
- Technology related manufacturing experience as it relates to facility design, construction, and management including cleanrooms and laboratories.
- General maintenance and on-call service experience for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top