CMS Manager - Construction Management Services: Mid-Atlantic
MWH Constructors is seeking a CMS Manager who will support the Constructors Group operations and bid/proposal activities and take accountability for providing leadership, strategy and direction of primarily Construction Management Services (Agency) work in the Mid Atlantic region.
The CMS Manager will develop and support CM programs and projects within established and developed policies and procedures. The CMS Manager will assess existing group and service offering(s), make recommendations to affect significant promotion and growth and otherwise elevate MWH Constructors CMS Operations. Client contact, and relationship development is critical to the success of the Operation. The position is based in Fairfax, Virginia. Extensive travel within the region will be required.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company’s at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure. MWH provides traditional general contracting services, construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, and design-build for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services, we provide individually tailored “start to finish” construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
1. Lead CMS Group in establishing and implements program/project construction management objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of Company policy.
2. Initiates, develops and maintains liaison with clients to develop relationships and win new work.
3. Manages financial aspects of the construction management group to protect Company’s bottom line.
4. Leads Construction Management staff to work collaboratively with construction General Contractors to generate successful construction methodologies, systems, procedures that lead to optimal outcomes in time, cost and quality of built work.
5. Supervises the work of Senior Construction Managers/Resident Engineers/Inspectors and support staff.
6. Communicates with and fosters collaborative relationship with other MWH operating units aimed at assuring successful delivery of construction management services to clients and the overall success of CM Group.
7. Consistently and successfully deploys solutions for key issues as assigned.
8. Consistently adheres to and enforces internal Company processes and policies such as business and contracting rules.
9. Successfully manages multiple large complex initiatives and/or projects simultaneously.
10. Leads complex teams through challenging project assignments and complex client environments.
11. Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives within Company profit model. Establish and implement a training program in support of all construction management and inspection staff levels.
12. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills. 13. Works in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by implementing company health and safety guidelines, practices and policies.
14. Lead the development of project/program proposals whether unsolicited or responding to requests for qualifications or requests for proposals.
15. Develop and maintain new project leads and opportunities.
16. Collaborate with the marketing/proposal group to develop marketing materials, proposals and prepare for interviews.
17. Leads the CMS group to develop strategic plans for entering new markets or for specific projects.
18. Prepare required documentation to present out to appropriate operations manager and/or risk committee.
If former Military, the following MOS codes my be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21,51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
- BS Engineering or Construction Management, civil, mechanical, electrical or architectural or equivalent degree required.
- Twelve + years in program/construction management experience with large scale projects.
- Direct owner representative experience and management involvement in municipal programs/projects is strongly preferred.
- Candidates should be skilled in staff development, skilled in client services and proficient using project control systems, problem solving, claims avoidance, cost control, and quality systems.
- Professional registration (PE) highly desirable.
- Construction/project management certification (CCM/PMP) highly desired.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top