MWH, now part of Stantec, is currently looking to add a full time Civil / Geologic Engineer to the Waterpower and Dams Group in our Denver, CO office. If working on the most challenging water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks for dams and hydroelectric projects, conveyance tunnels, and water resource projects for a variety of domestic and international clients. The successful candidate will be working in conjunction with other engineers and geologists on multi-discipline teams to support project activities through the application of engineering and geologic principles and techniques. The successful candidate should be able to work independently and with small and large teams to apply critical thinking skills to solve technical issues and develop project-specific solutions. The position will require travel to project sites and will provide stimulating career growth opportunities.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Work in conjunction with engineers, geologists, and scientists to solve project challenges, performing design calculations as required.
- Conduct field inspections; observe and participate in field exploration and testing programs; and perform site characterizations and evaluate geotechnical hazards under the supervision of more senior engineers/geologists.
- Select criteria for planning, design, and construction of dams, tunnels, caverns, foundations, slopes, and earth-retaining structures.
- Assess subsurface conditions, including soil and rock properties and geomechanical conditions, including review and interpretation of field maps, field logs, test data, and other field documentation.
- Evaluate field and laboratory test data and develop parameters for use in technical analyses.
- Conduct numerical analysis using programs such as DIPS, UNWEDGE, SWEDGE, UDEC, FLAC, Plaxis, Phase2, SEEP/W and SLOPE/W under the supervision of others.
- Develop familiarity with regulatory agency requirements, technical design standards, and industry standards and guidelines.
- Prepare technical reports including geotechnical data reports, geotechnical baseline reports, field reports, technical memoranda, computation packages, feasibility reports, design and evaluation reports, construction drawings, and specifications.
- Provide field engineering support for projects during construction.
- Participate in professional development and training activities.
Qualifications •Bachelor’s in Civil or Geologic Engineering from an accredited university.
- 0-2 years working knowledge of the principles of civil/geotechnical or geological engineering.
- Willing and able to travel, both nationally and internationally, to conduct field investigation or construction quality oversight type work
- Some exposure to or knowledge of numerical modeling and finite element analysis, and computer aided design drafting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in foreign languages a plus.
- Sound organizational, technical, written, and oral communication skills with attention to detail Preferred Specifications • Masters degree in Civil or Geologic Engineering a plus
- EIT strongly desired, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in Colorado
- Prior engineering internship experience working in a consulting capacity is a plus. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11528BR City Denver State/Province Colorado Country United States Operations E&I West
Back to top