MWH, now a part of Stantec, is seeking qualified applicants for a Civil, Water Resource or Environmental Engineer role located in our Bellevue, WA office.
This entry to mid-level engineering role will be responsible for helping support the planning, design and management of infrastructure systems; including water, wastewater and stormwater treatment facilities, pipelines, hydraulic structures, river systems, fish hatcheries, fish passage systems and related infrastructure.
Required Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform engineering calculations and prepare design drawings and specifications. Tasks may include hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, preparation of planning and engineering reports, and civil and/or structural design of wet infrastructure facilities
- Interact with clients, local and remote MWH staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects
- Support activities associated with the planning and execution of projects, including data collection, evaluation and analysis, along with report writing and presentations
- Perform field assignments in aquatic environments as required by Project Managers Qualifications • BS in Civil, Water Resources or Environmental Engineering, or similar
- 2 years experience
- Experience in the planning and/or design and/or construction of riverine or fish hatchery projects, water, wastewater, stormwater management, or flood control projects
- Working knowledge of engineering software such as HEC-RAS, H2O-Net, HydroCAD, or similar hydraulic modeling programs
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Inventor or other design based software
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and desire to integrate into a team
- Ability to operate independently and self-sufficient for field assignments Preferred Specifications • MS in Civil, Water Resources or Environmental Engineering, or similar preferred.
- 2-5 years experienced preferred
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) registration preferred, but not required. Expectation is individual will receive PE license as rapidly as practical. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11280BR City Bellevue State/Province Washington Country United States Operations E&I West
Back to top