Associate Structural Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is seeking qualified applicants for a associate level Structural Engineer to be located in our Las Vegas NV office. This position is accountable for applying intensive, complex and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, making independent decisions to solve structural engineering problems, resolving questions and planning and coordinating work. This position interacts throughout the organization and directly with clients, members of business and professional organizations and equipment vendors. Our wet infrastructure work encompasses water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, reservoirs and conveyance projects.
1. Develop structural plans and specifications as well as perform calculations, and design for assigned complex projects.
2. Organize, plan, and coordinate production of the structural design.
3. Become an integral part of the local and global workforce. Typical activities include work with more than 3 offices across MWH. The core design disciplines sit in the same office – structural, mechanical, civil, electrical and instrumentation and controls.
4. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies. Qualifications • Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Professional Engineer certification, or equivalent (or ability to obtain within 12 months).
- A minimum of 0-2 years’ of experience in design development of water and waste water treatment and Infrastructure project work.
- Competence in the seismic design of concrete, steel, and masonry systems required;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
- Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
- Strong commitment to obtain Professional Engineering registration (if not already obtained) followed by state specific Structural Engineering licensure.
- Experience with the use of the finite element software (STAAD, RAM, or SAP 2000).
- Experience producing 3D models and 2D structural engineering drawings using Bentley Structural and Microstation, or Revit and AutoCAD.
- Heavy civil construction field experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in professional engineering organizations or equivalent at the student or professional level.
- LI-SC1 Preferred Specifications • EIT certification preferred.
- Competence in anchorage of non-structural components required; experience in water, wastewater, and industrial waste treatment facilities, dams, or hydroelectric related projects preferred. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 10656BR City Las Vegas State/Province Nevada Country United States Operations G&I West Delivery
Back to top