Associate Instruments & Controls Engineer
MWH, a global leader in wet-infrastructure engineering, construction, and technology is currently seeking an Associate Level Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in our San Francisco, CA or Walnut Creek, CA office locations.
Successful applicants will work with a multidiscipline group of engineers and designers providing technical services to public and private sector clients. Primary duties, as applicable to water and wastewater treatment facilities and pumping stations, will include:
- Supporting control systems engineering and automation designs
- Producing construction drawings, schedules and datasheets using computer-aided engineering production tools
- Assist in the development of specifications
- Assist in the review of contractor submittals
- Supporting engineering services during construction
- Active participation in field data-gathering and equipment assessment assignments
- Working in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
Duties will be generally performed under the guidance of a senior level or higher I&C engineer.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering is required, MS preferred, with 0 – 3 years of experience in instrumentation and controls.
- Successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam or prepared to take the exam within one year of employment
- Possess solid interpersonal skills for working in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Advanced knowledge of standard desktop software is required including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access; Adobe pdf tools.
- CAD experience – AutoCad or Bentley Microstation – is preferred. Programming experience (Microprocessor, C++, SQL structures, etc.) is desirable
- Willing and able to travel. Occasional international travel may be required.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top