Associate Geotechnical Engineer
The position involves geotechnical engineering and civil discipline related technical work, primarily components of infrastructure projects focusing on dams and hydropower projects, but also may consist of water and wastewater projects. Duties include geotechnical and civil engineering related to the development of hydropower and dams infrastructure projects during early phases of the project life cycle: preliminary project conceptual planning phase and design phase work, although the individual may participate in projects that have matured to a later stage: construction, testing and start up, operation and maintenance, modification and upgrade, and decommissioning phases. The individual will report to a group leader who will be responsible for assigning and supervising engineering tasks. The individual also will be expected to participate in corporate training and professional development activities from time to time.
1. Perform geotechnical and civil engineering tasks that generally include engineering planning and analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications, and drawings. Work will be done under the direct supervision of more senior individuals. The individual will be assigned to work in project teams to provide general technical support.
2. This is an entry level position, and the individual will participate in a wide range of activities. It is expected that the individual will identify a preferred subject matter area of expertise, and will begin to seek out assignments that advances the subject matter understanding.
3. Carry out basic assignments related to study management including assisting in developing work planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
4. Provide basic support in marketing activities, including supporting the development of scope, schedule and budget, preparation of proposal documents, and coordination with marketing support services under the supervision of a more senior individual.
5. Participate in professional development and training activities, assist in the preparation of a professional paper or publication for delivery at professional conference or in a journal.
6. Position may require some travel and interface with client personnel.
7. Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. Qualifications • M.S. in Civil Engineering or other related field with an emphasis on Geotechnical Engineering.
- 0-2+ years of experience working on mining projects, focusing on detailed design, site investigation, reporting, and business development.
- must be working toward
- Exceptional organizational, technical, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills. Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11026BR City Portland State/Province Oregon Country United States Operations E&I West
Back to top