Associate Geotechnical Engineer
The position involves geotechnical engineering and civil discipline related technical work, primarily components of infrastructure projects focusing on dams and hydropower projects, but also may consist of water and wastewater projects. Duties include geotechnical and civil engineering related to the development of hydropower and dams infrastructure projects during early phases of the project life cycle: preliminary project conceptual planning phase and design phase work, although the individual may participate in projects that have matured to a later stage: construction, testing and start up, operation and maintenance, modification and upgrade, and decommissioning phases. The individual will report to a group leader who will be responsible for assigning and supervising engineering tasks. The individual also will be expected to participate in corporate training and professional development activities from time to time.
1. Perform geotechnical and civil engineering tasks that generally include engineering planning and analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications, and drawings. Work will be done under the direct supervision of more senior individuals. The individual will be assigned to work in project teams to provide general technical support.
2. This is an entry level position, and the individual will participate in a wide range of activities. It is expected that the individual will identify a preferred subject matter area of expertise, and will begin to seek out assignments that advances the subject matter understanding.
3. Carry out basic assignments related to study management including assisting in developing work planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
4. Provide basic support in marketing activities, including supporting the development of scope, schedule and budget, preparation of proposal documents, and coordination with marketing support services under the supervision of a more senior individual.
5. Participate in professional development and training activities, assist in the preparation of a professional paper or publication for delivery at professional conference or in a journal.
6. Position may require some travel and interface with client personnel.
7. Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- M.S. in Civil Engineering or other related field with an emphasis on Geotechnical Engineering.
- 0-2+ years of experience working on mining projects, focusing on detailed design, site investigation, reporting, and business development.
- must be working toward
- Exceptional organizational, technical, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Meet Some of MWH's Employees
Tim provides his technical expertise regarding all the mechanical systems in the turbine portion of hydropower generators, and he works with his team to prioritize projects and solve problems.
Back to top