Associate Civil Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is actively seeking qualified candidates for a full-time entry level Associate Civil Engineer to join our growing practice in the South Central Region, in Houston, Texas. The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks in a consulting engineering role that will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects. These projects consist of civil infrastructure systems including pipelines, pump stations, treatment, flood control, and related infrastructure. This exciting opportunity provides amazing career growth opportunities.
The selected candidate will need to be self-directed, capable of independent tasks as well as supporting complex teams, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the wet infrastructure industry with an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally while collaborating with national practice groups.
The following skills will be considered for this position:
- Successfully apply technical engineering planning and design skills to assigned projects.
- Interact professionally with client, project team members, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Effectively deal with and resolve project tasks and issues.
- Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
- Organize, draft, compile and coordinate production of assigned project documentation and reports.
- Complete data analysis and calculations for conceptual planning and design, prepare design drawings and specifications, complete hydraulic analyses and modeling, and solve process design problems as required.
- Conduct work in a safe manner and follow company work practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred. Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- EIT required, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Prior engineering internship experience working in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Between 0-2 years of experience.
- Proficiency with Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook. IT/ development a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Good organizational skills. Preferred Specifications • MS preferred in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11643BR City Houston State/Province Texas Country United States Operations G&I Southwest
Back to top