Area Manager - Southeast Florida Treasure Coast
MWH, now part of Stantec, has an opening for a Principal Engineer to serve as Area Manager in our Water Division for the Southeast Florida Treasure Coast Area (Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie counties).
The Area Manager is expected to:
- Organize and manage all municipal water business development activities in the Area
- Lead the development of qualification statements, price proposals, and interview presentations
- Manage all pre-proposal and positioning activities
- Develop the strategic vision for the Area within the framework of the overall region
- Develop project backlog and growth for the Area.
- Implement MWH’s best marketing and client engagement practices in the pursuit of new business
- Ensure that each MWH client receives outstanding client service and that a client service manager is assigned to each current and potential new client.
- Serve as the Client Service Manager for between one and three clients in the Area.
- Ensure that all qualifications statements, proposals, and interviews are executed within MWH’s core values and policies.
- Achieve $5 to $8M backlog annually for the Southeast Florida Treasure Coast Area.
The Area Manager will be assigned to MWH’s West Palm Beach, FL office.
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, this position’s key responsibilities include:
- Successful interaction with the local market. Responsibility for relationships and project and service delivery with all area clients.
- Assist with mentoring of area staff to help achieve their goals and career growth/development
Ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices
- Plan and implement the area branding and business development efforts
- Regular and routine participation in clients’ projects including quality review, regular meetings with client’s executive and department staff, and help in identifying new solutions for the client.
- Area Managers will review their KPI’s including backlog growth as measured by net revenue and contract capacity, talent development, and client satisfaction Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or similar relevant field
- 15+ years of detailed experience in the environmental (water/wastewater) industry
- Strong skills in client, employee, and business management for large municipal projects.
- Area travel required. In-state travel may be required
- Management experience coupled with exceptional organizational, technical, communication, leadership and detail skills also required Preferred Specifications • Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is a plus
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Florida is preferred Additional Information MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations. Requisition Number 11250BR City West Palm Beach State/Province Florida Country United States Operations G&I Southeast
Back to top