Sales Associate (full-time)
Are you someone who is:
- Always enthusiastic and enjoys making connections with new people?
- Eager to learn about the fun merchandise in the MCA Store and what is going on at the MCA?
- Motivated to work on your own and in a team?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Sales Associate to sell merchandise including jewelry, fashion accessories, design objects and art books while providing an excellent experience to guests in the MCA Store. Sales Associates are required to develop a working knowledge of the MCA Store’s inventory and the museum’s exhibitions and programs. To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Engage our audience in conversation about our distinctive selection of merchandise
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Operate retail computer programs and assist with special orders
- Restock and maintain the selling floor
Some college is preferred along with 1 to 2 years of retail sales experience. Other qualifications include:
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate initiative
- Must be creative, able to work in a fast-paced environment, have strong interpersonal skills, and enjoy selling
- Knowledge of art books, museum gifts, and/or jewelry preferred
- Art, design, and fashion enthusiasm is a plus
This full-time hourly position is 40 hours per week and requires a flexible schedule – must be available to work weekends and some extended hours for special events as needed. Must be able to communicate fluently in English and mobility throughout the store is required.
Interested? APPLY NOW!
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Inside the Office of Museum of Contemporary Art
The MCA is an innovative center of contemporary art where visitors experience the work and ideas of living artists and learn about the historical, social, and cultural context of the art of our time. The museum presents exhibitions, performances, and programs that excite and challenge visitors and provide insight into the creative process.
Back to top