Production Designer (full-time)
Are you a passionate, energetic, and experienced production designer who has:
- Meticulous attention to detail?
- Strong client service and interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively?
- Good judgment and the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have a full-time opening for a seasoned Production Designer to manage, maintain, and execute production-oriented design projects. Qualifying candidates will also be expected to implement designs across a wide range of formats, proportions, and mediums, based on design direction provided by the museum's Design Director and design team members.
Desired qualifications include a Bachelor's degree, at least 5 years of industry/agency experience and:
- Demonstrated experience managing both print and digital projects, including budgets, schedules, and specifications. Familiarity with project management systems and tools (i.e. Basecamp).
- Efficient and thorough knowledge of the Mac platform and Adobe's Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint (for template creation).
- Experience with writing production RFQs, POs, evaluating quotes, and writing purchase orders.
- Extensive knowledge of the print process (pre-press file management and release and quality control)
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills and ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Prior experience maintaining clean files, folder structures, and archiving practices.
- Basic HTML and web design experience are desirable.
This is a full-time position with a schedule of Monday through Friday, 9 am–5 pm, and as required for implementation of responsibilities and related museum activities. Ability to lift 30 lbs, operate office equipment, spend long periods of time working on a computer screen, and general mobility throughout all museum properties is required.
Interested? APPLY NOW!
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA's galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA dining; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: [email protected]
See Inside the Office of Museum of Contemporary Art
The MCA is an innovative center of contemporary art where visitors experience the work and ideas of living artists and learn about the historical, social, and cultural context of the art of our time. The museum presents exhibitions, performances, and programs that excite and challenge visitors and provide insight into the creative process.
Back to top