Partnerships and Engagement Program Liaison (full-time)
Are you someone who is:
- Committed to building and sustaining civic and cultural partnerships?
- An excellent communicator with strong writing and presentation skills?
- Able to work collaboratively and think about museum learning in new ways?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Partnerships and Engagement Program Liaison who will develop and manage the MCA's first long-term civic and cultural partnership and engagement program. This will include building new relationships across the city; designing and offering platforms and opportunities for the city's rich cultural and social practice as part of our new Commons; expanding diversity, inclusion and access to the many voices in partnership with the museum; and working with academic institutions to create more impactful, integrated and mutually deep partnerships with the higher education communities and their communities across Chicago.
Desired qualifications include a MA in the Arts, Social Work, Arts Education, Curatorial, Arts Administration, Fine Art or a related field and a broad and comprehensive knowledge of working in partnership and creating cultural and civic partners. Additional qualifications include:
- Clear understanding of pedagogy in how civic and community partnerships, learning and critical dialogue are being conceived within museums.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of museum education and social engagement both theories and practices.
- Solid understanding of contemporary art and visual culture.
- Strong cultural competencies and consciousness of cultural identity and differences.
- Superb diplomatic and collaborative skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups.
This is a full-time position with a schedule of Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm and special events as requested. General mobility throughout all museum properties is required. Ability to operate a computer is necessary. Ability to undertake national and international travel is advantageous.
Interested? APPLY NOW https://mcachicago.org/About/Employment
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; pension and individual retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA's galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: [email protected]
See Inside the Office of Museum of Contemporary Art
The MCA is an innovative center of contemporary art where visitors experience the work and ideas of living artists and learn about the historical, social, and cultural context of the art of our time. The museum presents exhibitions, performances, and programs that excite and challenge visitors and provide insight into the creative process.
Back to top