Manager of Media Relations (full-time)
Are you someone who is:
- A media relations expert who is eager to promote the museum’s brand and relevant exhibitions and programming?
- A collaborator who enjoys working on cross functional teams and across media platforms?
- A critical thinker who uses insights and analysis to drive recommendations?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Manager of Media Relations who will leverage their media industry expertise to bolster the MCA’s reputation by executing the museum’s public relations strategy, including the management of significant editorial coverage. The Manager will work closely with marketing colleagues to support a cross-functional communications team. To be successful in this role, you must:
- Research and write media materials including press releases for all museum exhibitions, programs, and activities and also design and manage press events to promote the museum’s brand and programming
- Build professional relationships with writers and cultivate new press leads
- Deliver editorial coverage by effectively managing pitches and story leads
- Manage TV crews, photo shoots, and interviews
- Administer and organize information inquiries and requests from local, national, and international media, peer institutions, and the general public
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues in marketing and social media to ensure consistent messaging across all media platforms as well work with media relations colleagues on crisis management issues
- Manage the MCA’s media assets and their distribution, including press kits and media site
- Follow and share cultural and news trends that are useful to the museum
You should also have a degree in communications, marketing, advertising or a related field and 3 to 4 years of experience in marketing, media relations, or communications.
This is a full time position with a schedule of Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm, with events and meetings as needed. Ability to have mobility throughout museum is required.
Interested? APPLY NOW ADD LINK
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: [email protected]
See Inside the Office of Museum of Contemporary Art
The MCA is an innovative center of contemporary art where visitors experience the work and ideas of living artists and learn about the historical, social, and cultural context of the art of our time. The museum presents exhibitions, performances, and programs that excite and challenge visitors and provide insight into the creative process.
Back to top