Gallery Officers (part-time)
Are you someone who is:
- An enthusiastic team player ready to make the MCA visitor experience welcoming, accessible, and authentic?
- An adept communicator able to effectively deal with concerns as they arise?
- Interested in contemporary art and willing to work to protect it?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We are accepting applications for part-time Gallery Officers who will welcome visitors in galleries, protect works of art, and also monitor public and staff safety in the museum. To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Enforce art protection rules, remaining watchful and alert at all times while on duty
- Observe artwork for change of any kind and assist in completing damage and/or change of condition reports as appropriate
- Lead the way in an outstanding experience for our visitors and be an effective MCA representative of a dynamic contemporary art environment
- Maintain current knowledge of museum facilities and program offerings, providing appropriate information to staff and visitors
Security, art and/or customer service experience is preferred and other qualifications include:
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, as well as other security-orientated functions
- A commitment of at least 24 hours per week is required, including evening and weekend hours
This is a part-time position with a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays. You may be required to work irregular schedules including evening events and overnight hours.
Interested? APPLY NOW!
P.S. The MCA provides great benefits to part-time staff that include: visiting the MCA’s galleries, curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions, discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café, discounts for MCA Stage and other programs, plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: [email protected]
See Inside the Office of Museum of Contemporary Art
The MCA is an innovative center of contemporary art where visitors experience the work and ideas of living artists and learn about the historical, social, and cultural context of the art of our time. The museum presents exhibitions, performances, and programs that excite and challenge visitors and provide insight into the creative process.
Back to top