Facilities Manager (full-time)
Are you someone who is:
- A service-oriented facilities professional committed to technical rigor in the operation of a facility's physical plant and the delivery of its services?
- A master multi-tasker who can effectively manage multiple tasks, projects, and initiatives without letting a single detail fall through the cracks?
- A collaborative team player who excels at promoting a positive culture by demonstrating professional values in all interactions with colleagues, external partners, and public audiences?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Facility Manager who will be responsible for ensuring a high and proper level of protection, operation, maintenance, and custody of museum buildings, grounds, property, and systems. To be successful in this role, you must:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the Facilities department, including managing the department's budget, coaching and supervising staff, and implementing Facility-related policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Curatorial department to ensure the protection of the museum's collection by maintaining HVAC and other building systems and provide an environment that meets national cultural institution standards.
- Act as liaison to all third party Facility-related vendors including engineering, security, housekeeping and parking.
- Proactively address and resolve any facilities and security issues.
- Stay current on pertinent facilities, maintenance, and security industry developments.
You should also have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field; at least 5 years of experience in managing facility operations and staff preferably in a museum setting; and:
- Strong knowledge of standard building and security practices.
- Strong knowledge of building hazards and safety precautions and procedures.
- Prior budgeting, hiring, training, and scheduling experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
This is a full time position with a schedule of Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm, and as required (including weekends) for implementation of responsibilities and related museum activities.
Interested? APPLY NOW https://mcachicago.org/About/Employment
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA's galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Inside the Office of Museum of Contemporary Art
The MCA is an innovative center of contemporary art where visitors experience the work and ideas of living artists and learn about the historical, social, and cultural context of the art of our time. The museum presents exhibitions, performances, and programs that excite and challenge visitors and provide insight into the creative process.
Back to top