Curatorial Assistant - Performance
Are you someone who is:
- A logistics star who can effectively manage multiple projects and assignments?
- An exceptional collaborator with an understanding of systems and meeting production needs involving colleagues as well as artists, audience members, and community partners?
- Passionate about supporting thoughtful and provocative programming?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Curatorial Assistant to provide administrative and project support to the Performance department. This includes coordination of internal and external information tracking for all programming and supporting workflow of office and related touring production needs. To be successful in this role, you are able to:
- Oversee a range of projects from development to execution, working independently with minimum of supervision to develop solutions to assigned tasks
- Effectively communicate with colleagues in the museum and performing arts field, artists, and the community
- Expertly prioritize, coordinate, and execute a high volume of soft production logistics
Two years of experience in the performing arts field and in nonprofit administration is a must! We also require that you have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an arts-related field. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, including technical writing and copy editing
- High attention to detail and follow-through
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as database management experience
This is a full time position with a schedule that is primarily Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm with some evenings or weekends as required for implementation of responsibilities and related Performance activities. Ability to operate office equipment, general mobility throughout museum, and light lifting required.
Interested? APPLY NOW!
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: [email protected].
Back to top