Coordinator of Major Gifts (full-time)
Are you someone who is:
- Flexible and adaptable to new programs in a changing environment?
- An exceptional communicator and possesses the ability to listen and write well?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Coordinator of Major Gifts who provides support for the museum’s major gifts efforts that raise an average of $3M annually from individual donors through exhibitions, performance, education, and special projects fundraising. The Coordinator of Major Gifts is responsible for supporting museum fundraisers in the identification, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts from individual donors to exhibitions and special projects. The Coordinator writes and maintains fundraising materials, including proposals, stewardship reports, and presentations for individual prospects and donors and also manages the Museum’s credit acknowledgment process and routes and approves text for Museum-wide print and digital materials. To be successful in this support role, you must be:
- Able to multi-task with grace while maintaining extraordinarily high attention to detail.
- Comfortable interfacing with the museum’s highest levels donors and possess outstanding communication skills.
You must also have a Bachelor’s degree. Other requirements include:
- A minimum two years of professional work experience in donor relations, fundraising, research, nonprofit, marketing, public relations or related project management.
- High attention to detail and follow-through.
- Possess a commitment to customer service and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Strong leadership qualities, including the aptitude to collaborate and to execute in a team environment, are required – with a track record of personal initiative.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, the internal workings of the Museum and its technology tools, including Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge (the prospect management database), a Microsoft Windows computer environment, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This is a full time position with a schedule of Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm, and weekends and evenings as required. Ability to operate general office equipment and have mobility throughout museum, offices and events is required.
Interested? APPLY NOW!
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: [email protected]
Back to top