Sr. Manager, Ecommerce Retailers
The Senior Manager, eCommerce Retailers will be responsible for managing and driving the online sales goals for Murad across retailer sites and will also directly manage, develop and grow online sales at Ulta.com & Sephora.com through digital marketing programs and campaigns, product assortment, content, brand presence, promotions, etc.
This role will report to the Director of 3rd Party Platforms, with a dotted line to the Director of National Accounts, to support and deliver sales targets and new business initiatives for Murad across our retailer partners. This role will also contribute and participate in brands' retail strategy and planning meetings, exploring and leading seasonal digital marketing program opportunities, leading day-to-day marketing support for core products and product launches, promotions, and strategic digital initiatives. This role will coordinate all aspects of retailer brand boutiques & ppage refreshes and development to ensure deadline and goals have been successfully accomplished. Role will work closely with Global Marketing and Creative teams to achieve overall project objectives and deliver assets in a timely fashion.
- Drive eCommerce Retailers' businesses by planning product launches, online advertising, programs for strategic priorities, and promotions; in alignment with B&M Programming, Media Planning, Coop Media planning and Social Media optimization.
- Complete ownership and responsibility for interacting and building strong relationships with key retailer stakeholders as a credible business partner and to identify avenues that lead to eCommerce growth, share strategic objectives, and collectively grow our businesses & improve market share and revenue in the long and short term.
- Oversee and grow Dermstore.com, Macy's.com, Nordstrom.com, Skinstore.com and other 3 rd party platforms P&L.
- Identify opportunities and differentiation strategies between B&M and eCommerce
- Identify areas of new opportunities within the online space and make ROI-based recommendations.
- Identify opportunities to increase sell-thru via optimal online product assortment/offerings, including bundles, holiday sets, and promotional activity.
- Keep current with the latest ecommerce trends and technology to keep Murad competitive in the 3 rd party ecommerce platform space.
- Assist Head of Direct Sales and Finance team to develop yearly sales goals and budgets for all direct sales channels.
- Conceptualize and lead online marketing campaigns, home page & ppage optimization, and web site merchandising in partnership with retailers.
- Create supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support new product strategies and promotions.
- Ppage strategy, optimization and updates: ensure that new product comps and content, including assets, videos, and product copy, are tracked and provided to e-retailers teams by due dates.
- Analyze competitive brand ppages landscape to maintain best-in-class user experience
- Pursue opportunities to ensure maximum home page exposure and email blasts.
- Plan and manage programming sampling programs for each retailer.
- Build online kit strategy for each retailer.
- Update retailer marketing calendar with dotcom initiatives for each retailer
- Manage online analytics including (but not limited to) traffic, conversion, repeat, and identify sources that drive traffic.
- Implement a monthly executive level summary highlighting site trends, customer behavior observations, and KPI status that supports activity.
- Analyze programs (sampling, digital campaign, value sets, etc.) to identify opportunities for incremental growth and improvement.
- Employ test and learn techniques to optimize the performance of key programs.
- Work cross-functionally with Murad's creative, brand marketing, analytics, operations, and product development teams, as well as external agencies (eg. Power Reviews...) as needed with a focus on meeting deadlines, KPIs and budgets.
- Manage and develop the Account Manager.
- Manage project financials, review and approve invoices, track budget variance, negotiate initiative's cost and productivity, and report on financial performance.
- Manage resources and project manage to ensure all programs are executed seamlessly, efficiently, on-time and within budget.
- Analyze product and category sales trends to develop yearly and seasonal growth forecasts and translate them into inventory buy plans.
- Bring direct customer insights and trends to the product development GTM process.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and B&M sales and oversee the tactical execution of site merchandising, email, and ecommerce marketing programs and campaigns.
- 8-10 years business experience in the beauty/ retailer, online marketing /ecommerce area
- Must have proven track record in leading/growing web sales
- Passion for sales and strong business acumen
- Experience managing retailer dotcom accounts preferred
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, creativity, and self-motivation
- Capacity to think "outside of the box", test & learn state of mind, prioritizing initiatives with high ROI
- Data focused (website metrics, data analysis, and reporting tools) with a commitment to identifying key avenues for performance channel growth
- A hard worker with the ability to operate independently while establishing strong work relationships with co-workers, cross-functional teams (marketing, creative and IT stakeholders) and with external vendors and partners
- Self-starter, organized, proactive, flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with managing and optimizing online marketing tactics, KPI (CPC, CPA, CPM, LTV, etc.) and CRM with an emphasis on efficient spending to generate high ROI
- Excellent communication, organizational, writing and presentation skills
Back to top