Senior Director, Supply Chain
The Sr. Director, Supply Chain is responsible for leading the Order Management, Demand and Supply Planning functions for Murad. This individual will support Murad Operations by owning all metrics, processes and systems across order workflow, forecasting, planning and demand/supply plan execution. The role will lead all collaborative planning, contract manufacturing and materials purchasing activities, reducing cost while meeting order fulfillment and inventory targets.
As a strategic thinker, this role owns development of continuous improvement plans related to customer experience, material spend, waste and inventory levels. In addition, this position will lead the business Sales and Operational Planning process (S&OP) and will need to collaborate with and influence multiple functional groups including Marketing, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, and Distribution.
A key leadership role, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of coaching, developing and mentoring large teams and creating highly engaged work cultures. Must have experience of enabling a high performing team, through effective talent and development planning and creating clear goals and measures of success.
Must be process driven and adept at developing and delivering a repeatable and sustainable planning calendar, as well as being comfortable working in a highly dynamic, promotional and innovation driven business.
Must have strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas in a succinct, simple and action orientated way.
- Leads the order management team, order management activities, and order management strategy. Owns all policies, procedures, systems, and best practices regarding order workflow for all designated sales channels and affiliated customers
- Support delivery of fulfillment targets through ensuring accurate: inventory allocations, order entry, EDI / Pricing data management
- Coordination with sales teams, warehouse and accounting to troubleshoot and resolve order entry issues related to credit, import and order management level holds
- Drive the monthly Sales and Operational Planning Process for the business
- Lead the demand planning team, demand management activities, and demand planning strategy to deliver best in class forecasting processes, metrics and behaviors
- Increase demand forecasting accuracy by removing forecast bias, utilizing robust analytics, and reviewing brand and market trends. Deliver forecast accuracy and bias KPI's to meet annual targets
- Manage the product range inclusive of product life-cycle. Analyze and interpret SKU effectiveness and efficiency, guide/drive SKU rationalization
- Partner with key parties to gather forecast inputs (building blocks) based on functional expertise. Influence and drive alignment with Marketing, Sales, Customers and Finance to create new product launch forecasts
- Merge business knowledge and expertise with statistical models to enhance the forecast while integrating input from Sales, Marketing, and other key stakeholders
- Create, enhance and refine systems, processes and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs
- Lead the supply planning team, supply planning activities, and supply planning strategy to deliver best in class processes, metrics and behaviors.
- Own continuous improvement and standards of the planning system and item data integrity (such as vendor lead time, MOQ, Min/Max Inventory targets). Work with procurement to optimize buying efficiencies.
- Validate team's MRP outputs to ensure optimal replenishment plans are created for service, cost and inventory - planned orders, expedites, de-expedites, cancels, etc.
- Monitor and ensure proper stocking levels of materials, packaging and finished goods, and mitigate any potential supply disruptions.
- Monitor open orders and shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and in full: resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Ensure all new product launch items are delivered on time and in full, with sufficient safety stock to support ongoing forecasts.
- Manage supplier performance KPI's and supplier contact strategy (daily, weekly, monthly processes, ways of working and reporting).
- Maximize cost saving opportunities by monitoring order volumes and frequency patterns.
- B.A. / B.S., MBA preferred
- 10+ years supply chain leadership experience in planning or order management teams
- Strong track record of developing and leading high performing teams
- Self-motivated and holds themselves and others to very high standards of accountability
- Experience with leading and working within an S&OP process
- Strong knowledge of supply chain and planning logic in cosmetics, personal care, CPG, and FDA regulated industries.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be analytical, possess strong numeric aptitude and problem-solving ability
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills - written and verbal, and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong system skills (Oracle Applications preferred). Excel, Access a plus.
Back to top