Manager, eCommerce Technology
Murad is currently looking for a talented Junior to Mid-Level eCommerce Development Manager to join its growing ecommerce team. The role will focus on managing all Murad global web properties, including Murad.com, Microsites (Resurgence.com, TryMurad.com, MuradAcne.com), International Murad sites and Murad Blog.This role requires the ability to balance between people management, leadership, and technical responsibilities
This position reports to the Director of Product Management and will be responsible for overseeing the development, and technology integration for all ecommerce development projects. The eCommerce Development Manager will manage technology teams from evaluation through implementation. The Manager will be accountable for delivering projects on time in a fast-paced environment. In addition, he/she will align technology with business strategy and proactively drive technical direction throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of system touchpoints including: eCommerce platforms, ERPs, and 3PLs, follows technology trends, love to stay hands-on with the technology and will be able to drive results within budget, time and quality, while always keeping the customer in mind.
• Lead/supervise a strong team of web developers (front-end and back-end), technology vendors/agencies, and testers.
• Serve as a technical advisor and problem solver to product managers, merchandizers, digital marketing team, third party technology partners, analytics and IT/ERP team.
• Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems.
• Create proof-of-concept and prototypes to justify new technology recommendations and approaches.
• Coordinate activities with third party technology partners.
• Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend solutions partner to provide technical solutions which meets short term and long term need of the organization.
• Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project.
• Establish measurable criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, and costs.
• Profile and investigate application performance issues, and coordinate optimization initiatives.
• Debug functional application issues to determine root cause.
• Set technical direction for development team, lead the release of core products, and work with team to maintain knowledge management system for development tools and software documentation.
• Independently handle personnel issues, conflict management, define goals that increase knowledge and skills of team, and define team's expectations.
•Approximately 50% of this role will be hands on development
• Successfully partnering with system integrator on ecommerce platform migration/upgrade
• Understand discipline of software development life cycle
• Experience leading ecommerce platform integration with various internal/external systems/services
• A strong appreciation for the importance of usability in web applications.
• Ability to convert business requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
• Understand common search engine optimization (SEO) practice
• Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise grade technologies and frameworks/libraries such as: SASS/SCSS/LESS and/or CoffeeScript.
• Experience building major 3rd party system integrations (ERP's, Payment Gateways, 3PL, etc.).
• Strong familiarity with source code control systems (Subversion, GIT).
• Strong familiarity with common design pattern used in web/enterprise applications
• Experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices with open source platform like Jenkins.
• Knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning utilized to result in elegant and fast-loading web experiences.
• Experience using open source automation testing frameworks/tools
• Understanding of common web application security practice.
• Experience with Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, Demandware and/or similar ecommerce platforms preferred.
• Experience with PIMs (Product Information Management systems) is preferred
• Possess a solid understanding of tiered distributed systems.
• Familiarity with emerging cloud and web technologies. (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
• Experience managing offshore development teams a plus.
• Strong understanding of ecommerce platform architecture in AWS environment
• Microservice architecture and practices.
• REST service development and methodologies.
• 2 plus years of experience using Node.js.
• Ability to enforce practices like test/behavior driven development, CI & test automation.
• Certification in software development processes such as Scrum Master or Agile Certification.
• Experience designing and implementing headless commerce and/or progressive web app utilizing RESTful APIs.
• Solid understanding of docker based development environment
• Solid understanding of business strategy.
• Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
• Proactive, motivated and able to work with teams.
• Strong mentoring skills, ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels, challenging them and helping them grow.
• Take pride in being accountable, taking ownership.
• Excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and prioritizing tasks efficiently with minimal direction.
• Passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale, utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
• Strong-communication and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong presentation and leadership skills.
• High level of self-motivation and initiative.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills.
Back to top