This position's primary job function is to coordinate and prioritize all Fulfillment, with focus on National and International orders, shipping at the distribution center to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment is performed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates shipping documentation including bills of lading, shipping labels, and export paperwork
- Routes outgoing shipments through various freight companies and schedules transportation of shipments.
- Works closely with all vendor's logistics providers to assure on-time shipments
- Maintains shipment files, issues reports, and responds to vendors inquiries regarding status of shipments
- Prepares and follows-up on shortage, overage, and damage claims
- Performs daily audits on outbound national shipments to identify any potential shipping errors are corrected prior to shipment
- Prepare and submit EDI documents through DI Central Website
- Submit Advance Shipping Notice using vendor web portal
- Pick orders using the hand held device
- Pack orders using the WMS Shipping Management Form
- Ensure accurate scanning activities are performed on all outbound shipments
- Prepare paperwork/documents as required per account
- Track shipments to ensure on time delivery to destination
- Process domestic and international shipments online through UPS, Federal Express, etc.
- Prepare international customs documents
- Perform all other non-related job duties as needed
- Respond to emails
- Answer questions from customer Order Management Team regarding current and past order
- Answer phone in the fulfillment area
- Follow-up with supervisors and manager regarding potential problem that may affect the daily shipping process
- The ability to help oversee national packing process
- Assuring all orders are fulfilled on a timely basis
- Implement and maintain department directives
- Minimize customer charge backs by accurate fulfillment of orders
- Seek out ways to reduce less than truck load (LTL) freight cost
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be reliable, motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds and will be on their feet 60 percent of the work time
- Excel knowledge required
- Must have adequate knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Windows
- Lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Carrying up to 35 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, walking, standing, sitting, climbing, balancing (e.g; climbing and working from ladder), eye-hand coordination, close vision (clear vision at 20" or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20' or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), depth perception (ability to judge distance spatial relationships), and hearing.
Back to top