Director of Purchasing
This opening presents you with a fantastic opportunity to take complete authority for building exciting new purchasing capabilities within Murad.
You will be well versed in all aspects of purchasing and supply management, through development of purchasing strategies, price and contract negotiation, as well as ongoing transactional management of the sourcing activities.
You will be excited by the development of new systems, processes, and approaches to support functional performance improvements.
You will be someone who can do this in a smart and intelligent way, merging best practice approaches to purchasing while leveraging technology and software available.
In addition to this you will be able to demonstrate the ability to lead a team to higher levels of performance, by developing a clear vision, setting clear direction for team members, as well as fostering a culture of skills development, coaching, and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for sourcing all inventoried items, including packaging components, manufactured finished goods and supporting materials
- Develop and implement the necessary sourcing strategies to ensure the approved supplier base has the appropriate capabilities and capacity to support the future volume growth of the business
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with suppliers that allow delivery of joint supply chain improvement activities
- Drive supplier performance improvements through the development and implementation of appropriate customer service and quality metrics
- Work with Packaging Engineering and Quality teams to help develop new sources and variables to support innovation activities and business continuity
- On time and in full implementation of new product innovation into the supplier base
- Lead and enhance the company productivity and savings program to ensure ongoing cost reductions are realized
- Participate in special projects, providing leadership as needed on cross-functional teams
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field
- 8+ years of relevant and progressive purchasing and supply management experience
- APICS or other professional certification a plus
- Experience in the beauty/cosmetic or like industry preferred
- Must be results-oriented with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to build productive relationships with peers
- A strong collaborator, with a willingness to drive change and to lead by example
- Superior problem solver and able to create solutions to challenges in an expedient manner
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience with ERP systems and processes - experience with Oracle a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Power Point
America's leading doctor brand preserves beautiful skin from the inside out. Murad is the epicenter of next-generation skincare renowned for innovation, backed by clinical proof, awarded for performance, recognized for industry firsts, and inspired by a global demand for Doctor-developed products.
Skincare is healthcare: Dr. Murad's revolutionary philosophy made more than 30 years ago is our purpose. As a Board-certified Dermatologist, trained Pharmacist and author, Dr. Murad happily and humbly captains a culture committed to beautiful skin through whole-body health.
This is an exciting time to join the Murad family as we chart our next industry first, Connected Beauty: Cutting-edge formulas connect with proven lifestyle practices and professional care for physical, psychological and cultural health. We walk the walk with bright, "eyes up" meeting spaces, ingredient technology advances for global skincare challenges, purposeful goals and philanthropic opportunities. Join the team and experience how a Connected Life is a Beautiful Life.
Look us up on www.murad.com
At Murad, we believe diverse teams drive business results and create a better future every day for our employees, consumers, partners, and communities. We want diversity of thought on every single team to make better decisions, launch ground break innovations, and challenge the status quo to unlock growth.
Equal Opportunity| Affirmative Action Employer Minorities| Females| Protected Veterans| Persons with Disabilities
Back to top