Business Development Executive
Responsible for the on-going success and development of existing business, providing outstanding support and customer care, and opening new business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet sales targets for sales growth with existing businesses
- Service existing businesses within given sales territory with a trusting and meaningful relationship
- Visit existing accounts on an appropriate call cycle based upon tiers and geography to develop sales and relationships
- Telephone sales support to long-distance accounts on a 4-week call cycle
- Provide business support, sales strategies and action plans to owners, estheticians, sales associates and front desk staff of accounts
- Support accounts with their events when necessary
- Participate in and support all sales, marketing and educational programs (e.g., new account campaigns, new product launches, promotions, educational On-Tours, trade shows, school visits, National Sales Meetings, etc.)
- Grow lead database and prospect and open new business based on company objectives
- Incorporate prospecting in weekly schedule
- Promote and provide Murad education on-site and/or regional education when available
- Conduct on-site education when needed
- Maintain a thorough and current understanding of products and services through attendance at ongoing product and treatment education
- Maintain client records and complete administration paperwork
- Work with other field sales personnel, including attending scheduled regional and national sales team meetings as well as maintaining regular informal contact with other team members in order to foster environment of open communication, idea sharing and internal rapport building
- Submit a weekly calendar of expected activity including service calls, prospecting calls and scheduled appointments. Maintain calendar in outlook for all meetings, and update when changes occur
- Provide regular, timely and meaningful reports on sales activities, account visits, current business conditions, trends and competitive information
- Submit to VP, Sales every Monday, the following by 9am:
- Total Dollars existing for the month:
- New Account Total For the month:
- How many prospect contacts from prior week:
- iv. Number of prospecting actual meetings:
- v. Total number in pipeline:
- How many added from prior week:
- vi. Projected to open soon:
- Submit a weekly expense report showing weekly expenses
- Create travel plan to best support the individual geography and T&E budget
- Work within budgeted expenses (e.g., telephone, travel, meals, etc.)
- Work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and; respecting the diversity of our work force in actions, words and deeds.
- The ideal candidate should have an understanding of the requirements of today's skin care centers and be reliable, dedicated and willing to work as part of a winning team
- As an ambassador of Murad, the candidate must incorporate the company's mission and commitment to its business partners at every point of contact with both internal and external clients
- High school degree required, BA degree preferred. Minimum of two years field customer service or sales experience, preferably in the beauty industry or consumer goods required Experience with servicing salons, spas, physician's offices and the "mom and pop" customer base preferred. Licensed skin care therapist is a plus
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Persuasive and sincere communicator with management and customers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficient in word-processing and spreadsheets highly desirable
- Multi-tasking and strong attention to detail
- Customer service oriented
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
America's leading doctor brand preserves beautiful skin from the inside out. Murad is the epicenter of next-generation skincare renowned for innovation, backed by clinical proof, awarded for performance, recognized for industry firsts, and inspired by a global demand for Doctor-developed products.
Skincare is healthcare: Dr. Murad's revolutionary philosophy made more than 30 years ago is our purpose. As a Board-certified Dermatologist, trained Pharmacist and author, Dr. Murad happily and humbly captains a culture committed to beautiful skin through whole-body health.
This is an exciting time to join the Murad family as we chart our next industry first, Connected Beauty: Cutting-edge formulas connect with proven lifestyle practices and professional care for physical, psychological and cultural health. We walk the walk with bright, "eyes up" meeting spaces, ingredient technology advances for global skincare challenges, purposeful goals and philanthropic opportunities. Join the team and experience how a Connected Life is a Beautiful Life.
Look us up on www.murad.com
At Murad, we believe diverse teams drive business results and create a better future every day for our employees, consumers, partners, and communities. We want diversity of thought on every single team to make better decisions, launch ground break innovations, and challenge the status quo to unlock growth.
Equal Opportunity| Affirmative Action Employer Minorities| Females| Protected Veterans| Persons with Disabilities
Back to top