Associate, Product Development
New Product Development Associate will assist and own several aspects of Product Development cycle.
Distributes prototypes, gathers feedback from panels on new products, manages prototype database and disseminates information to development team. Responsible for organizing and managing the prototype logbook, library and sample inventory. Owns and responsible for creation and organization of product development related electronic documentation (formula approvals, releases, waivers, test request forms) maintains final ingredient functionality data and checklists, marketing sales samples, helps provide support for Claims library, and Clinical Study Requests.
Will have visibility into all steps of development process from idea to launch and visibility into Marketing, Regulatory, Research and Development, Package Engineering, Quality Assurance and Design aspects involved in maintenance of existing product offerings and creation of new formulations.
Best candidate is detail oriented, has excellent written and oral communication and organization skills and strong interest in the beauty/skincare/wellness industry. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to Senior Manager, New Product Development.
Primary Job Functions:
• Owns prototype tracking and feedback cycle; coordinating formula submissions and distribution to panel testers
• Gathers feedback from panels on new products and disseminates information to development team
• Helps track project process to ensure prototyping and testing are completed on schedule
• Helps track formulation costs and quoting to ensure targets are met
• Coordinates approvals and feedback of formula submissions from R&D
• Maintains weekly R&D status meeting notes and NPD Formula Tracker Database
• Requests formula related documentation from R & D and maintains electronic and hardcopy libraries/log books
Secondary Job Functions:
- Supports Research and Development coordination of project lifecycle management milestones
- Support teams cross departmentally via coordination of sales, education, and press event needs and product-related inquiries.
- Supports Clinical Research needs and operations
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred (Chemistry, Biology, Sciences preferred but not required)
• Strong interest in personal skincare industry
2+ years of experience
Back to top