Technical Marketing Engineer, NIP Solutions Group
MuleSoft's software and technology product is the Anypoint Platform. It is a platform because our customers build their digital transformation solutions on it. It handles a broad spectrum of mission-critical data for our customers (think: most of the prescriptions written in the US, global banking traffic, airline reservations, beer distributor networks…), in the cloud and in data centers. It incorporates a variety of technologies and integrates with many more. At its core are comprehensive metadata capabilities, runtime engines, management capabilities, and a lot of rich user experiences
About the Position:
We’re seeking an experienced and highly motivated senior Technical Marketing Engineer with primary focus on the SDN (Software Defined Networking) solutions for Enterprise and Service providers, both on premise and cloud based. TME would have a strong analytical background with direct network technology experience. Middleware SW experience is preferred but will consider other candidates as well.
- Managing technical marketing aspects of SDN related offering for Enterprise and Service providers. Responsibilities include but not limited to product certifications, proof of concept, customer and internal presentations, product gap analysis, technical requirements, architectural and solutions designs, technical collaterals.
- Evangelizing the value and technical differentiators of MuleSoft solutions to sales teams, channel partners, and customers
- Engaging with key customers to drive the adoption of new technology and architectural initiatives
- Being the customer’s technical advocate inside the Business Unit
- Participating in the product development process to provide use cases, deployment scenarios, and technical documentation of new product requirements. Managing EFT and Beta programs of new products.
- Generating compelling technical sales enablement collaterals such as Q&A, white papers, Technical Decision Maker presentations and competitive analysis. Ensuring necessary content, training programs, and design implementations are available to the sales and partner technical communities.
- Participating in demo development, industry events, and MuleSoft events
- Extensive customer and field interaction is necessary. Some travel required.
- Work collaboratively across various MuleSoft to ensure proper portfolio alignment and positioning of new offers
- Evaluate new technologies and stay current with a broad range industry trends and developments.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent leadership, collaboration, and communications skills, as well as the ability to effectively influence business partners and colleagues. The individual must be a strong team player, capable of dealing with complex issues and should be able to present effectively at a senior level.
- Thorough understanding of networking technology and strong technical knowledge of routing, switching, and SDN/NFV
- Knowledge and experience working with Service Providers / Telco is a plus
- Successful experience within a Technical Marketing team or similar environment.
- Strong ability to build relationships among sales, marketing, and customers.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering clear technical collaterals
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision in defining initial goals, prioritizing parallel projects, and addressing complex issues as they arise.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams to influence product strategy and to drive results.
- BA/BS or equivalent required (engineering, marketing, or business preferred).
- 10+ years overall experience in fields such as technical or product marketing, sales, or engineering.
About our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top