Strategic Account Executive, Federal (Army/Air Force)
Are you looking for an opportunity to have significant impact at a great company while building your sales career? MuleSoft seeks a high-energy, execution-oriented Federal Strategic Account Executive (Army/Air Force) to drive revenue.
The Federal Strategic Account Executive (Army/Air Force)will take ownership of revenue generation, develop new opportunities, manage pipeline, create and execute account strategies, close large enterprise-level deals and manage customer expansion for our award winning and leading enterprise integration solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess the intelligence and aptitude to position the benefits of enterprise integration software, as well as the strategic thinking to drive a complex enterprise sales process, within a Sales 2.0 business model. Strong track record of success is a must.
About The Position:
- You will establish and develop a strategy for identifying and closing new software and services sales opportunities directly with targeted key federal strategic accounts and new strategic federal prospects within your assigned territory
- Present MuleSoft solutions using appropriate value-based sales approaches and techniques, including team and/or consultative presentations and efforts
- Help develop and execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- Manage complex sales-cycles across our entire portfolio of products and present to director, vice president, and c-level executives the value of our enterprise integration solutions
- Interface with all levels of the target organizations, including IT architects, developers and senior executives
- Collaborate and lead successful execution of sales activities with internal cross-functional teams, with senior management and corporate counsel, through contract negotiation and signed contracts
- Manage all sales activity and monthly forecasting of revenue in Salesforce
- 4 to 6 months: Build a future opportunity pipeline that is 2 to 3x the annual quota for the territory
- 12 months: Exceed annual sales quota
- 30 days: Complete on-boarding training and gain a sufficient working knowledge of MuleSoft’s product, value proposition, case studies and competitive differentiation, as well as sales process, approval and contracting processes
- 60 days: Evaluate and research accounts in territory, develop and begin execution of a prioritized territory attack plan, including generation of Key Account attack plans for top 3 accounts representing $500-$1M in ACV each
Projects & Deliverables
- 90 days: Collaborate with Marketing to develop and/or execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- 4 months: Deliver a report to Sales Management on the health and engagement status of the territory, target verticals, solution requirements, key competitors, etc.
- Track record of consistent earnings over-achievement in past Federal Account Executive roles (top 10-20% of company), advancement and increased responsibility in past positions
- Evidence of exceptional commitment to a process-driven sales approach, and accurately tracking and forecasting of all customer engagement and activity through the use of Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - superior academic performance
- 5-10 years of federal sales experience, minimum 2 years of solution selling
- Team player with the highest level of integrity. This is a MuleSoft core value
- Previous experience with open source solutions or with an annual subscription sales model a major plus
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Mac or PC
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Back to top