Strategic Account Executive
Are you looking for an opportunity to have significant impact at a great company while building your sales career? MuleSoft seeks a high-energy, execution-oriented Account Executive to drive revenue.
The Strategic Account Executive will take ownership of revenue generation, develop new opportunities, manage pipeline, create & execute account strategies, close large enterprise-level deals, and manage customer expansion for our award winning and leading enterprise integration solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess the intelligence and aptitude to position the benefits of enterprise integration software, as well as the strategic thinking to drive a complex enterprise sales process, within a Sales 2.0 business model. Strong track record of success is a must.
About The Position:
- You will establish and develop a strategy for identifying and closing new software and services sales opportunities directly with targeted key strategic accounts and new strategic prospects across multiple industry verticals within your assigned territory
- Present MuleSoft solutions using appropriate value-based sales approaches and techniques, including team and/or consultative presentations and efforts
- Help develop and execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- Manage complex sales-cycles across our entire portfolio of products and present to Director, VP, and C-level executives the value of our enterprise integration solutions
- Interface with all levels of the target organizations, including IT architects, developers and senior executives
- Collaborate and lead successful execution of sales activities with internal cross-functional teams, with senior management and corporate counsel, through contract negotiation and signed contracts
- Manage all sales activity and monthly forecasting of revenue in Salesforce
- 4-6 months: Build a future opportunity pipeline that is 2-3x the annual quota for the territory
- 12 months: Exceed annual sales quota
- 30 days: Complete on-boarding training and gain a sufficient working knowledge of MuleSoft’s product, value proposition, case studies and competitive differentiation, as well as sales process, approval and contracting processes
- 60 days: Evaluate and research accounts in territory, develop and begin execution of a prioritized territory attack plan, including generation of Key Account attack plans for top 3 accounts representing $500-$1M in ACV each
Projects & Deliverables
- 90 days: Collaborate with Marketing to develop and/or execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- 4 months: Deliver a report to Sales Management on the health and engagement status of the territory, target verticals, solution requirements, key competitors, etc.
- Track record of consistent earnings over-achievement in past Account Executive roles (top 10-20% of company), advancement and increased responsibility in past positions
- Evidence of exceptional commitment to a process-driven sales approach, and accurately tracking and forecasting of all customer engagement and activity through the use of Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - superior academic performance
- 5-10 years of sales experience, minimum 2 years of solution selling
- Team player with the highest level of integrity. This is a MuleSoft core value
- Previous experience with open source solutions or with an annual subscription sales model a major plus
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Mac or PC
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
MuleSoft is an explosive-growth, well-funded company on a mission to connect the world's applications, data and devices. $593B is spent each year connecting applications, data and devices, and the challenge is growing dramatically with the explosion of cloud, big data, mobile and the Internet of Things.
We're "productizing" integration -- making it as easy to connect systems and companies as it is to connect with friends on Facebook. MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform™ enables companies to unlock the full potential of their applications and data through API-led connectivity, both on-premises and in the cloud, and our growth continues to accelerate. Our platform is used by organizations in over 60 countries, from emerging companies to Global 500 enterprises including Mastercard, Unilever, Tesla, Intuit, BSkyB and Verizon among others.
We're building a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and inspire each other. MuleSoft is recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 company and 2015 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor. If you want to have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams and have the track record to prove it, visit us at www.mulesoft.com/careers and check out our openings in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Singapore, London, and more.
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or to any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company.
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top