Senior Technical Writer, Java
Do you have an insatiable desire to learn? Are you passionate about sharing knowledge with others? Do you have proven experience writing clear and concise user guides, tutorials, and other content for a developer or DevOps audience? Are you a team player who is self-directed and can manage multiple deliverables and tight deadlines?
About the Position:
MuleSoft is looking for a talented and motivated Sr. Technical Writer to produce high-quality technical content. You know how to work collaboratively with product management, engineering, customers and others to create the needed technical topics and examples that the user is looking for. You are the right candidate if you are a problem-solver who can strike a balance between “right” and “right now” to deliver quality content in a demanding environment.
This is a rare opportunity to make a huge impact on a small, agile writing team at a fast-growing company that’s connecting businesses and changing the world.
- 30 Days: You will have learned our publishing tools and processes, learned our developer and source control tools such as Eclipse and Git, stepped into the shoes of our customers by learning and using a few of our technologies, contributed meaningful edits and updates to our existing documentation, and begun to work with engineers and others to write new content.
- 60 Days: You will have contributed new content for existing or upcoming releases for one or more technology areas, started expanding your scope by contributing edits and reviews for other technology areas, become familiar with our engineering and release processes, and started responding to customer and partner documentation feedback.
- 90 Days: You will understand all of the core use cases for one or more technologies and able to thoroughly document them, be self-directed in working with engineering to gather doc requirements for upcoming releases, proactively respond to feedback about documentation for your focused technology or technologies, understand our other technologies well enough to write topics for larger team deliverables, and have developed a strong relationship with engineering to manage successful tech review of new or existing content.
- 6 Months: You will have demonstrated expertise in one or more of MuleSoft’s technologies, know how our customers use them, have developed a reputation for writing trusted guidance, built a strong working relationship with engineering stakeholders to draft, review, and publish content, proactively respond to and seek documentation feedback from internal and external customers, evaluated one or more documentation sets and implement organizational and structural changes, and taken ownership of the process of peer and technical reviews of your content.
- Demonstrated excellence for writing impeccable technical content for a developer or DevOps audience
- Very strong understanding of software development and the ability to read and ideally write code
- Strong familiarity and experience working with cloud-based enterprise software. Java understanding is preferred but not required
- Experience creating and editing images, diagrams, and other graphics to accompany written content
- Bachelors' degree with a background in a technical discipline preferred
This is not your typical technical writer position. We are looking for a skilled communicator who is also technical enough to understand the needs of our customers. If you love technology, understand the importance of top-notch technical content, and want to make a big impact in a growing and influential company, this should be a dream job.
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Back to top