Senior Software Engineer
About the Team:
Developers at MuleSoft are tackling some of the most challenging problems in technology today. MuleSoft’s leading cloud, on-premise and API integration platform is used by more than 200,000 developers in top companies around the world.
Our team is responsible for the architecture, development and scaling of our platforms that power thousands of customers and millions of integrations and APIs in the cloud. We’re a small but effective team with a track record of high impact. Our developers make substantial contributions to open source projects. We also have frequent meetups and hackathons to keep developers engaged with new ideas. We’re agile and move fast. If you are interested in solving some of the most complex distributed systems problems such as cloud messaging, distributed caching, identity management, reliability, cloud-to-ground connectivity, and global load balancing, we are the right team to join.
About the Position:
Research, design, develop, analyze, and maintain systems-level software including the proprietary MuleSoft Cloud Messaging Solution: Anypoint MQ. Work includes serving as field specialist for messaging.
- Test software applications and various modules in accordance with development standards and procedures.
- Set and maintain operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
- Direct software programming and development of documentation.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Maintain project plans and related documentation, including correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, and status.
- Conduct technological research and development.
- Be involved in product development and strategy.
- Work with various technologies including Java 1.8, Mule ESB, Spring, Linux, and other technologies including Amazon SQS/SNS/DynamoDB/S3.
- The position does not involve direct supervision of employees.
- Up to 75% travel to customer sites for short trips as needed and customary for the occupation.
The qualified candidate must have at least 24 months of full-time software development and/or solutions architecture experience working with Java 1.8, MuleESB, Spring, and Linux. All experience may be gained concurrently.
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Back to top