Senior Manager, Business Development
About the Position:
MuleSoft is looking for an experienced business development professional to identify and build strategic technology partners that contribute to MuleSoft’s rapidly growing business. This is a high profile position, reporting to the VP Business Development, and provides broad technology and executive exposure across the company.
Technology partners deliver seamless out-of-the-box connectivity for end-customers and our ecosystem is growing rapidly. As Senior Manager, Business Development, you will lead cross-functional internal collaboration efforts to define segment strategies and engage with the optimal partner(s) for each key opportunity. Your contributions and partnerships will reduce deployment times, impact sales, and drive successful customer adoption. Be one of the leaders that will take our ecosystem to the next level of success.
This position is ideal for an experienced professional who excels cross-functionally, multi-tasks effortlessly, and is excited to quickly learn new market segments and technologies.
Learn more about our technology partner program here.
- Learn MuleSoft products and partner ecosystem
- Build expertise in high priority categories of partners
- Participate in multiple prospective and current partner meetings
- Create prioritized list of specific high priority strategic partner targets, and begin engagements
- Create Go To Market Plan for partner recruitment in assigned areas (working with Marketing and Sales)
- Take ownership of defined list of current technical partners and develop appropriate partner success plans and field engagement strategy
- Build increased technical knowledge on MuleSoft products and partner integration points
- Sign first two technical partners
- Drive cross-functional teams to ensure the success of current partners and grow the technical partner ecosystem
- Define strategic approach for assigned category of exploration
- Work with sales on deal opportunities requiring partner collaboration
- Define simplified integration points for new partners
- A passion for building relationships that are mutually beneficial; previous business development experience creating partnerships is highly desired
- Success in selling, identifying thought-provoking value propositions, and initiating creative solutions
- Market understanding of enterprise software is required and specific areas of knowledge or technical experience in integration/middleware/API/Big Data/Analytics/SaaS experience is a plus
- Strong relationship-building skills, creativity, organizational skills, exceptional communication capabilities, strong multi-tasking ability, and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude
- Internal cross-functional experience building relationships with marketing, product management, engineering, sales, and legal functions
- The intellectual horsepower to tackle a diverse set of requirements while specializing in driving projects to closure, time and time again with the track record to prove it
- Contract negotiation experience is a plus
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Gym discounts and weekly on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen daily, catered lunches three times a week
- Annual company-wide weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning, and inspiration
- Office activities led by MulePack, including office happy hours and family nights
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top