Senior Data Scientist
About the Team:
You will join the Data and AI group, we build Analytical and Data Science products for MuleSoft. We come from various engineering and data science backgrounds and form a self-sustained product engineering team to deliver data products. While working with other data scientists, you will be embedded into one or more product initiatives.
About the Position:
We are looking for a passionate Senior Data Scientist who can leverage his/her data science expertise to build analytics data models and services to power MuleSoft analytics and data products. You will apply data mining and/or machine learning to either create a new data feature or make an existing product feature more intelligent. Potential data science areas include but are not limited to recommendation, predicting customer churn, forecasting KPIs, alerting, clustering, entity resolution, dimension reduction, anomaly/intrusion detection, etc.
You will identify data science opportunities by analyzing data, assist product management team in forming the data product strategy and roadmap, and work directly with field engineers and customer facing teams. You will then research, train and deliver data models and services to engineering team mates. You will also have joint responsibility with data engineers for ETL processes and pipelines of data gathering, cleaning, storing and monitoring.
You will have to opportunity to work with the executive team to drive the product strategy and direction, interface with field coworkers on collecting customer needs and feedbacks.
- 4+ years industry experience working as data scientist or analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and machine learning techniques
- Strong knowledge and experience using statistical packages in Python, R, MatLab, Weka, Mahout, etc.
- Experience in one of Hadoop (MapReduce, Hive), Spark (MLLib, Streaming), Mahout, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redshift, or other modern big data systems..
- Experience with deep learning libraries/frameworks such as TensorFlow, MXNet, Keras, Caffe, H2O, Theano, etc.
- Experience handling raw data file on in data format of XML, JSON, text as well as structured data in relational data store using SQL.
- Expert in one of the OOP and FP languages of Java, C++, Scala, Erlang, Clojure.
- Familiarity with plotting, data visualization and reporting tools (ggplot, d3.js, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong communication skills needed to collaborate with executives, PM, engineering, field, etc.
- MS in Computer Science/Engineering/Statistics or equivalent, PhD preferred
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the Peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Mac or PC
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Annual company-wide weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning, and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top