Senior Commercial Counsel
Do you want to work for a Pre-IPO SaaS vendor? The MuleSoft legal team is looking for a high-performing Sr. Commercial Counsel with a passion for driving sales performance and influencing customer relationships. MuleSoft has a growing portfolio of disruptive integration products, is growing at more than 100% year over year, and is changing the enterprise technology market. Join us as we revolutionize the $500 billion dollar integration market.
About the Position:
The ideal candidate will thrive in a startup environment, influence the growth of the contracts team and become a key contributor to our sales trajectory. You must also have an innate desire to drive, own and grow the company’s contracts infrastructure. Reporting directly to our Associate General Counsel, Commercial, our Sr. Commercial Counsel will help lay down the foundation for a scalable global sales contracts process. In this role, you will operate with great autonomy. Commitment to meeting deadlines and the drive to consistently exceed client expectations are a must.
- Develop a complete understanding of our business model, iPaaS contracting
- Build rapport with North America account sales team to become a trusted advisor
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a variety of strategic commercial contracts, including software and cloud license agreements, partner agreements, and professional services agreements
After 90 Days:
- Lead and manage the North America contracts team and be point of escalation for enterprise and commercial contracts
- Interface with Sales, Sales Ops, Finance, and Legal regarding the negotiation of contracts
- Ensure contracts terms and conditions are consistent with MuleSoft’s business practices, policies and goals (financial, strategic, etc.)
- Maintains library of current template forms, negotiated provisions and other relevant information
- 7+ years of prior in-house experience in a commercial counsel role and industry
- Demonstrated experience as a self-driven commercial counsel who drafts agreements and serves as commercial negotiator
- Experience managing a team directly a plus
- Experience providing appropriate guidance to business units on sophisticated legal and business issues
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience in enterprise software, with knowledge of iPaaS and SaaS as a positive.
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude
- An affinity for a fast-paced company culture
MuleSoft is an explosive-growth, well-funded company on a mission to connect the world's applications, data and devices. $593B is spent each year connecting applications, data and devices, and the challenge is growing dramatically with the explosion of cloud, big data, mobile and the Internet of Things.
We're "productizing" integration -- making it as easy to connect systems and companies as it is to connect with friends on Facebook. MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform™ enables companies to unlock the full potential of their applications and data through API-led connectivity, both on-premises and in the cloud, and our growth continues to accelerate. Our platform is used by organizations in over 60 countries, from emerging companies to Global 500 enterprises including Mastercard, Unilever, Tesla, Intuit, BSkyB and Verizon among others.
We're building a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and inspire each other. MuleSoft is recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 company and 2015 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor. If you want to have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams and have the track record to prove it, visit us at www.mulesoft.com/careers and check out our openings in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Singapore, London, and more.
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or to any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company.
Back to top