Sales Operations Manager
About the Team:
Sales Operations at MuleSoft is an exciting role that gives you a chance to touch many aspects of the business and to collaborate with different organizations within the company.
Sales Operations team brings home the money by closing and provisioning each customer order. In addition to that responsibility we also work with sales metrics and analysis, enabling the field on our systems and processes, stewarding the data in the systems, and providing personalized service across the global teams.
MuleSoft is creating a world class Sales Operations function that is leading the way in defining what that looks like and how one operates. We are a team of highly motivated and talented people who are directly helping to make MuleSoft the success it is today and in the future. You can take part in that exciting adventure as part of this team!
- 60% of your time will be working with the field to bring in and process customer orders
- 20% of your time will be working on special projects consisting of metrics and analysis, system and process improvements, data stewardship and field enablement
- 20% of your time will be spent providing strategic guidance and support to the regional sales management team
About the Position:
Work with regional sales leaders and provide critical sales operations and analytical support not only to the Sales team, but to the company as a whole.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of reporting and processes and help enable our sales organization to be even more successful
- Provide insight to the regional management team on key business metrics
- Take lead for APAC Sales Executive dashboards and work with the corporate team to develop analyses of the key metrics and trends for the region
Provide deal support and help for closing and processing regional orders efficiently and accurately.
- Help to improve and manage the sales order management process
- Validating all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and responsiveness.
- Ensures accuracy of transactions to ensure consistent integrity in financial reporting
- Drive business process improvements and initiatives; brings best practice to order-to-cash and revenue processes.
Build and execute APAC sales strategy with APAC management team, including process improvements.
- Continue to build and improve on our CPQ system as well as other integration projects
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement
- Drive business requirements and champion the usage and adoption of other technologies and data sources beyond CRM that drive sales efficiency
- Oversee data quality in Salesforce – leads, opportunities, contracts, notes/attachments, territory assignments, etc.
- Quickly come up to speed on our systems and processes
- Solid Understanding of the provisioning and booking policies
- Able to provision temp keys, book single-year renewals, service orders and new business
- Able to route documents for signature via DocuSign
- Able to respond to 40-60% of cases in the queue
- Identify areas for improvement or greater efficiency in process and procedures
- Able to respond to 60-80% of cases in the queue
- Take on responsibility for owning operational projects
- Take on ownership for specific region/field team or layer of order processing
- Able to apply the details of the provisioning and booking policies
- Able to respond to 90-100% of cases in the queue
- Identify and discuss with field leadership areas for sales strategy and execution improvements
- You are passionate about analytics and data driven metrics and are very familiar and comfortable using Excel
- You have a good understanding of using systems to capture and retrieve data such as Salesforce.com or other such tools
- You are process oriented and have a passion for enabling sales success and improving processes
- Think strategically and are able to see trends that could affect business outcomes
- Ability to motivate and manage team members and bring out the best work in others
- Thrive under tight time constraints and strive to consistently exceed expectations
- You can come up to speed rapidly and are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity
- You strive to raise the bar and set new, higher standards within the team
- Can anticipate problems and initiate actions to proactively get ahead to solve them
- Are broadly respected for your opinions, including by senior executives
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact with a broad array of people, roles and levels in the company
- Can demonstrate confidence, good judgement, high energy and be a team player
- Have outstanding attention to detail and organization
- You consistently impress people with your output and tenacity
About Our Benefits
- North Sydney location, close to public transport
- Pre-IPO equity
- Private health cover
- Choice between a Mac or a PC
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
MuleSoft is a well-funded, explosive-growth company on a mission to solve technology's biggest challenge — to connect the world’s applications, data and devices. MuleSoft makes connecting anything easy with Anypoint™ Platform, the only complete integration platform for SaaS, SOA and APIs. Our technology transforms businesses with API-led connectivity, enabling today's most important technology movements: cloud, mobile, IoT and big data. We're attacking some deep, long-standing problems — because the hard problems are the ones worth tackling. We're polyglot technologists by nature, fast-paced, apolitical, intense but fun. We leverage powerful new technologies — sometimes we create and contribute them back too. We power massive scale systems, on both public and private clouds. Our platform is used by thousands of organizations in 54 countries, from emerging brands to Global 500 enterprises. But we're most proud that it's chosen directly by hundreds of thousands of developers, and our aim is to delight and amaze them.
We're building a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and inspire each other. MuleSoft is recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 company and 2015 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor. Are you looking for a fast-paced environment with a huge market opportunity and unlimited growth potential? If you want to shape the future of connectivity, have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams and have a track record to prove it, we want to meet you!
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top