Regional Vice President, Channels and Alliances, APAC
About the Team:
The Channels and Alliances organization is a key driver of MuleSoft’s growth. A significant wave of change driven by legacy modernization, SaaS/Cloud adoption and monetizing data via APIs has created the need for connectivity more than at anytime in history. MuleSoft’s customers look to systems integrators and solution providers to drive transformative initiatives that deliver successful customer outcomes leveraging the MuleSoft AnyPoint Platform. MuleSoft is aggressively building a channel of partners who leverage the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform as a differentiator and accelerant to these initiatives, and provides these partners with a competitive advantage to deliver incredible long-term customer success and mutual capture of market share. With overall responsibility for our partner go-to-market strategy, joint sales execution, joint differentiated offerings execution, joint delivery, partner awareness, and training and enablement, we are energizing a vibrant partner community that accelerates the realization of our customers’ business and technology transformations.
About the Position:
MuleSoft’s Regional Vice President of APAC Channels and Alliances reports to the SVP of Global Channels and Alliances and will be challenged with driving revenue growth, building a high-performance organization and owning development of a highly productive partner network in support of customer outcomes. S/he is a natural leader who loves to evangelize and drive a high growth, leveraged business model and has a talent for nurturing partner, field and customer relationships.
The Regional VP will be responsible for working with existing MuleSoft channel partners in APAC, identifying new channel relationships in key focus areas and industry verticals and proactively working with the MuleSoft direct Sales, Marketing, Professional Services and Customer Success teams in the respective geographies to drive market coverage and new growth opportunities. S/he will have significant experience developing critical channel relationships and building channel programs to generate new revenue as well as partnering with the direct sales teams. The scope of this position spans building relationship with key system integrators and value added resellers. While this will involve the Tier 1 GSI’s such as Deloitte, Accenture, Capgemini, PWC and Cognizant, there will be a heavy focus on bringing the Tier 2 GSI’s and VARs who are leaders in Cloud and SaaS services to work with MuleSoft.
This role is part of the leadership team in APAC for MuleSoft and involves a total ownership of all partner sales, marketing and delivery aspects of the business for the region. You will have a significant impact in a fast-growing market and best-of-breed technology. If you are a world-class entrepreneurial leader, this is a game-changing opportunity to take an outstanding team to the next level.
- Ramp on MuleSoft - understand our company and partner strategy, sales messaging, value proposition, platform capabilities and partner program
- Assess current partner ecosystem and understand current partner account engagement, strengths and opportunities
- Shadow Channel Managers in partner and key account meetings
- Get to know the APAC leadership team, plugging into the standard cadence and initiatives representing the channels and alliances team
- Assess and report on partner pipeline, sourced and influenced revenue forecasts and hiring on a monthly and quarterly basis, based on visibility into direct and partner pipeline
- Formulate and present APAC partner plan to accelerate partner engagement, enablement and ecosystem growth
- Engage with Sales, Account Development, Pre-Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Services leadership to drive alignment on objectives, cross-functional priorities and goals.
- Coach channel managers to successfully drive their regional partner plans and achieve their targets
- Identify gaps in partner ecosystem coverage and opportunity alignment
- Continue to build a world-class organisation through diligent recruiting activities, hiring and managing a complete team of 'best in class' channel managers and partner enablement resources
- Own and drive the cadence and plan to delivery APAC partner sourced, influenced and delivered revenue
- Work closely with APAC leadership and MuleSoft functional teams, including Field Sales, Marketing, Services and Customer Success in support of the plan and market need.
- Experience building and leveraging indirect/channel sales model
- Owner mentality with a passion for driving growth through both SI and VAR partners
- Evangelist internally and externally of partner leverage model, co-sell and joint GTM
- Track record in building organisations and hiring and training top talent
- Strong analytical thinker with demonstrated command of metrics driven partner models
- Compelling leader who can effectively coach and motivate teams
- Effective in partner and customer facing and live engagements
- Effective at building senior and executive relationships with key partner stakeholders
- Proven record of closing large, complex software deals
- Strong career trajectory, history of top performance in successive roles
- Ability to understand, articulate and lead complex sales processes
- Able to thrive in a “do whatever it takes” start-up environment
- Up to 50% travel (offices currently based throughout APAC)
About our Benefits:
- Private health cover
- Mac or PC
- Annual, company-wide weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning, and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top