Principal Product Manager, API Designer and Tools
As Principal Product Manager for API Designer and Tools, you will:
- Be responsible for strategic direction and execution of all API tools, which include our API Designer, Console, Notebook, Mocking service, client/server SDKs, and other new greenfield tools in development
- Work to deliver great experiences for developers to make their life simple and delightful
- Work to build an ecosystem of tools around RAML for API design, testing, and documentation
- Meet with customers, users, prospects, partners, and industry analysts to communicate MuleSoft’s vision of the market, product roadmap, and competitive differentiation
- Function as a primary SME (subject matter expert) on API design and tooling, building an understanding of the competitive landscape from strategy to functional capabilities
- Identify customer and prospect problems that represent significant market opportunities and that are addressable by MuleSoft
- Evaluate pricing and packaging alternatives to maximize product revenue
- Collaborate with marketing to develop a go to market plan and generate outbound messaging, sales training, and product collateral
- Represent MuleSoft as a domain and product expert at user groups, webinars, customer summits, industry and corporate events
- Business driven with a passion for and deep understanding of technology - You crave creating innovative technical solutions that fill a real business need.
- Strong technical background in the software development or devops discipline with previous technical product development or product management experience. Experience designing or managing APIs is required.
- High energy and drive – product managers are crucial leaders and decision makers in the company and need the energy and passion to be on top of their game
- Ability to recognize and communicate customer acquisition opportunities and related revenue opportunities, not just a technical solution
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it
- Innovative and creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a business environment, along with a proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- This is an ideal role for a proven engineering technical lead or manager looking to transition into product management
With an exceptionally fast cycle of development, a truly entrepreneurial culture with 100% ownership of your product, and an overall creative and forward-thinking mindset, this should be the dream job of any Product Manager. Your opportunity is to very quickly impact and become an industry leader in a huge, $500 billion dollar market.
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
MuleSoft is an explosive-growth, well-funded company on a mission to connect the world's applications, data and devices. $593B is spent each year connecting applications, data and devices, and the challenge is growing dramatically with the explosion of cloud, big data, mobile and the Internet of Things.
We're "productizing" integration -- making it as easy to connect systems and companies as it is to connect with friends on Facebook. MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform™ enables companies to unlock the full potential of their applications and data through API-led connectivity, both on-premises and in the cloud, and our growth continues to accelerate. Our platform is used by organizations in over 60 countries, from emerging companies to Global 500 enterprises including Mastercard, Unilever, Tesla, Intuit, BSkyB and Verizon among others.
We're building a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and inspire each other. MuleSoft is recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 company and 2015 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor. If you want to have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams and have the track record to prove it, visit us at www.mulesoft.com/careers and check out our openings in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Singapore, London, and more.
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or to any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company.
p style="color: #ffffff;">#LI-POST</p
Back to top