Product Manager, API Designer and Tools
MuleSoft has a growing portfolio of successful products that you would contribute to. We are seeking a highly technical product manager to lead the development of our hybrid deployment of our platform across public and private cloud infrastructure, including: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Gravitational and other container related technologies AWS, Azure and other public infrastructure clouds OpenStack, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry private cloud IaaS and PaaS, virtualization.
About the Position:
The MuleSoft Products team is looking for talented individuals with a passion for driving new products and product capabilities from initial definition of requirements to successful packaging and delivery of product releases. The ideal candidate must know the difference between good products and great products and show they can communicate and work cross functionally to deliver a great product to market. They also must be passionate about becoming an expert in the application and data integration space while also following trends and spotting opportunities in adjacent markets including microservices, hybrid cloud, big data, and enterprise software.
- Be responsible for strategic direction and execution of all API tools, which include our API Designer, Console, Notebook, Mocking service, client/server SDKs, and other new greenfield tools in development
- Work to deliver great experiences for developers to make their life simple and delightful
- Work to build an ecosystem of tools around RAML for API design, testing, and documentation
- Meet with customers, users, prospects, partners, and industry analysts to communicate MuleSoft’s vision of the market, product roadmap, and competitive differentiation
- Function as a primary SME (subject matter expert) on API design and tooling, building an understanding of the competitive landscape from strategy to functional capabilities
- Identify customer and prospect problems that represent significant market opportunities and that are addressable by MuleSoft
- Evaluate pricing and packaging alternatives to maximize product revenue
- Collaborate with marketing to develop a go to market plan and generate outbound messaging, sales training, and product collateral
- Represent MuleSoft as a domain and product expert at user groups, webinars, customer summits, industry and corporate events
- Business driven with a passion for and deep understanding of technology - You crave creating innovative technical solutions that fill a real business need.
- Strong technical background in the software development or devops discipline with previous technical product development or product management experience. Experience designing or managing APIs is required.
- High energy and drive – product managers are crucial leaders and decision makers in the company and need the energy and passion to be on top of their game
- Ability to recognize and communicate customer acquisition opportunities and related revenue opportunities, not just a technical solution
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top