Principal Software Engineer, Analytics
We created Mule, the leading open source enterprise service bus. We shipped CloudHub - the world’s leading integration platform as a service. The code that we write runs on hundreds of thousands of computers in the cloud and in the data centers of a third of the fortune 500. We work in small, autonomous product teams. We come from Europe, North and South America, Asia, the Middle East, and all points between, and we have a single mission: to connect all of the world’s data.
The Analytics team is responsible for reliably ingesting high volume streams of data from multiple systems, enriching that data, processing it, and providing real-time queries, visualizations, insights, alerts, and other useful products from it. This is a challenging position that requires an understanding of how to build reliable at-least-once delivery systems even in the face of immense load spikes and even multiple internal/external failures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years industry experience
- Exceptional engineer with a talent for spotting potential failure cases
- Experience with Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redshift, Zookeeper, or other modern big data systems
- Experience with Spark, Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink, or other modern flexible stream/batch/micro-batch systems
- Ability to distinguish between humans and replicants and administer the replicant test
- Strong grasp of multi-threaded programming, non-blocking IO, and distributed algorithms
- Collaborative, with good communication skills and experience with code reviews, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Experience with Jenkins, Salt, and other build/deploy systems
About Our Benefits:
- Equity and generous Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Unlimited vacation
- Commute up the Peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Annual MeetUp, our company-wide offsite to learn, grow, and connect
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Account Development Representative
Dana’s role is to partner with MuleSoft’s Sales Team to drive new business. She collaborates with account executives to determine opportunities in the market to sell MuleSoft and help transform those organizations' businesses.
Back to top