Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
About the Team:
Join a world-class team tackling the biggest problem in IT. MuleSoft is a high-growth company with tons of opportunity to make an impact.
The Global Solutions Engineers team works dynamically to enable the Pre-Sales organization to scale by creating reusable assets used during the sales cycle, as well as by participating in sales opportunities that design and deliver highly technical demonstrations and proof of concepts in a matter of days to meet sales cycle deadlines. Our mission is to enable our Pre-Sales team to demonstrate how to map our solution and IP to customers business outcomes.
About the Position:
The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer position is an exciting introduction to extremely varied business integration problems and the architectures that solve them. You will be exposed to real-world technical and architectural challenges in the delivery of IT solutions designed for the business.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will work with Solutions Consultants and the rest of the account teams to help drive the technology and solution evaluation of the MuleSoft platform in the context of our customer's business technology landscape, with a focus on creating and delivering innovative demonstrations using our solutions.
In the context of a fast growing company, you will design and create reusable technology and value validation assets to help the Pre-sales organization be more productive and scale, as well as:
- Rapidly acquire an in-depth understanding of one of the biggest IT problems and how our solutions and experience help our customers to solve it
- Collaborate with energetic Sales teams of Account Executives and Solutions Consultants in a technical, architectural and business solutions-oriented sales lifecycle
- Have a big impact in helping the Pre-Sales organization scale
- Have direct access to the Anypoint Platform Engineering team and provide feedback to the Product Managers for the enhancement of our products
In order to be successful in this role, you must be passionate about technology and quickly learn and adopt new technologies, creative to design solutions using our platform, able to work in cross-functional teams, and able to drive and lead initiatives that will allow our company to scale.
- Complete the on-boarding process and learn about MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and MuleSoft IP
- Shadow Solutions Engineers and Solutions Consultants
- Become MuleSoft certified
- Collaborate with peers in one or more current sales opportunities
- Deliver a presentation to the team about a current sales opportunity
- Deliver first MBO
- Create and deliver your first Demo or Proof of Concept in the context of a sales opportunity
After 90 days
- Collaborate with our global teams in the investigation of our prospects’ business initiatives and their corresponding IT projects to see if the Anypoint Platform is a fit for their needs
- Help progress the sales lifecycle with the delivery of customized and generic demos of our products in the context of the business opportunity
- Develop Proof of Concepts using our solutions integrated with some of the IT architecture of our prospects
- Lead and contribute to new projects designed to allow our Sales organization to scale
- Participate and contribute in our technical field enablement programs
- Contribute with your experience, research, and ideas to our knowledge base and our MuleSoft blogs
- Experience designing and implementing software solutions
- Solid understanding of Design Patterns, operating systems and databases
- Integration product experience is preferred but not required (e.g. IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, Informatica, Cast Iron, Dell-Boomi, Jitterbit, etc)
- Experience in integrating SaaS applications (e.g. Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, Eloqua, Taleo, SuccessFactors, RightNow, ServiceNow, Ariba, etc) is a bonus
- Experience with XML, JMS, SOAP and/or Web Services (WS-*) and other SOA/Integration technologies
- Experience using Spring, Maven and related frameworks and technologies is beneficial
- Understanding of high-performance database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and/or CRM
- Enthusiasm to learn and explore new technologies and architectural practices
- Courage and humility to share knowledge with and learn from others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to excel in a dynamic environment
That being said, we do not have strict requirements on experience. We're looking for someone with a track record of making a big impact. Our core requirement is that you have a knack for articulating complex technical concepts and connecting them with solving real business problems. Bear in mind that we favor talent, passion, energy, and a history of achievement over any particular skill set.
About our Benefits:
- Competitive salaries, twice yearly market salary revisions, and annual performance bonus
- OSDE 310 health care for you and your family and healthy life benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Top-quality, fully stocked office in Puerto Madero
- Catered lunches three times a week
- Onsite English lessons
- Frequent office activities like football, happy hours, and technology events
- Regular opportunities to give back to the community together
- Annual MeetUp, our company-wide offsite to learn, grow, and connect
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top