Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant, West Region
About the Team:
The Pre-Sales Solutions team actively drives and manages the technology evaluation part of the sales process and is an integral member of the Sales team, working as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products. In order to be successful in this role, the Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant must be able to articulate technology and communicate the value of our products to business and technical prospective users and buyers.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant also helps shape the product and direction of the company by communicating market needs to the Product Management team. We are looking for a top performer who can establish & maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, and who exudes a passion for understanding the needs of the customer and articulating the value of MuleSoft’s products and solutions in meeting those needs.
About the Position:
- Support the sales team by taking a consultative role in customers’ evaluation processes, including making architectural recommendations, troubleshooting configuration issues, and managing correspondence with other Mulesoft functions
- Articulate and educate on technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, architects, IT operations professionals, and senior IT management
- Sell the value of MuleSoft products using multiple formats/channels, including phone, presentation, and live/online product demonstrations
- Create and deliver custom product demonstrations to support the sales cycle
- Perform technical discovery with customer prospects and quickly architect/build proposed solutions using MuleSoft products
- Successfully manage and execute technical proof of concepts (POCs), on-site or remote
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and channel to Product Management and Engineering for product roadmap
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Support Marketing with developer marketing and evangelism activities, including writing blogs, participating in demo-driven webinars, and speaking at industry events
- Experience in Java development and Enterprise software
- Integration product experience is preferred (but not required). Other integration vendors include IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, etc.
- Experience with XML, JMS, SOAP and/or Web Services (WS-*) and other SOA/Integration technologies
- Experience responding to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Ability to code and debug against Java APIs (past experience as a Java Developer preferred)
- Understanding of high-performance database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and or CRM
- Experience using the Spring, Maven and related frameworks and technology is beneficial
- Have a deep understanding of enterprise technologies and business context
- Able to travel throughout sales territory
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top